ACE350 Question -- defective?

filmiracle

Feb 18, 2013
Primary Interest:
Other
I have a question for the ACE350 users out there. Please, I'm only looking for people who use/used the ACE350. Yes... I checked the batteries, cable, swing, interference from other objects, etc, etc, etc. I do not want suggestions on how to "correct" these issues. I only want to know if this behavior is typical for this machine.

I just got a new ACE350 about a week or two ago... before that I was using an ACE250 with the 8.5 x 11 DD coil. The 250 was an amazing machine and it has treated me well. Anyway, I believe my ACE350 is defective, but before I go through with sending it back to Garrett, I'd like to ask some questions. Here's my situation... My detector beeps erratically with the sensitivity max'd to a few notches below the max (I have ALWAYS ran my 250 with the sensitivity at full bars with no issue.) Do your 350s go nuts with the sensitivity all the way up? Yes, I know people will suggest bring it down... but I have never brought it down with the 250... Unfortunately, for my detector to be remotely usable, the sensitivity has to be brought down to around 4 bars -- at 4 bars, my detector will not pick up a quarter literally on the surface with the coil just 4" above it. If that's all the depth this thing can give... it's useless and I'm going back to the 250. Based on what I've read, I really believe my detector is defective, but I want to hear it from people who have used the 350.

Thanks!

Last edited:

maliaros

Jul 4, 2013
Larnaca
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATP, Garrett EUROACE, Garrett PRO POINTER
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
If you have these issues in the exact same spots you was previously hunting with the ace250 then the ace350 might be faulty.
But yes my ace350 was going nuts in full sens, but in 2 bars below it was working perfect.

Last edited:

Bart@Big Boys Hobbies

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jul 24, 2005
Moore Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Call for your Treasurenet special discount! Be sure to mention Tnet when you call!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
If you have these issues in the exact same spots you was previously hunting with the ace250 then the ace350 might be faulty.
But yes my ace350 was going nuts in full sens, but in 2 bars below it was working perfect.

FYI.... you cant run full sensitivity on MOST machines with good luck. You have to adjust them to be stable.

OP
OP
F

filmiracle

Feb 18, 2013
Primary Interest:
Other
Thanks for the info! I'm aware sensitivity should be adjusted accordingly depending on location, but if I lower the sensitivity on this thing, it can barely detect anything. It's useless. I have never had these issues with my Ace250 and this detector is supposed to be better? It's performance is far worse than the 250 which leads me to believe it's defective. :sadsmiley:

jdmb

Jul 12, 2013
GA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have a 350 and the only time it's went nuts for no reason is when my battery life was at one bar and when id hit a target it would go crazy and not stop. New batteries and it quit. No problems otherwise.

Kodiak43351

Bronze Member
May 6, 2013
NW Ohio
Detector(s) used
At Max,Xp deus,At pro, At gold, pro pointer, ace 350 bounty hunter. Lesche hand and t handle digging tools, Sask kustom digger, Garrett edge digger and Garrett retriever, Garrett classifier made into
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I use to run my 350 at full and one down with no problems here in nw ohio. I would call Garrett they are great at customer service. I put my sens at half one time and was still picking up a quarter at 6 inches.

Kodiak43351

Bronze Member
May 6, 2013
NW Ohio
Detector(s) used
At Max,Xp deus,At pro, At gold, pro pointer, ace 350 bounty hunter. Lesche hand and t handle digging tools, Sask kustom digger, Garrett edge digger and Garrett retriever, Garrett classifier made into
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I forgot one thing I did do was start the coil wrap at about 10 inches used elect tape to hold in place. Try that it might help. Good luck.

OP
OP
F

filmiracle

Feb 18, 2013
Primary Interest:
Other
Thanks for your input everyone... I have contacted Garrett about it because it just doesn't seem right. I had no way of really knowing since I've never used the 350 before.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread