Aug 9, 2007
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XLT, GMT, 6000D Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Action Alert 2nd Time for The Frog & Dredging

Hello,
I went onto the DFG site last night to register my thoughts on the Frog and found that ALL electronic submissions have been LOST. The DFG's electronic message unit malfunctioned!

It is extremely important that ALL of us mail, email, fax, go in in person and respond to this issue. The history on this is that this Frog has been seen in so many waterways in California that IF this frog is listed as endangered the resulting effect will be that huge tracts of rivers and streams through all of Northern California will be closed to ANY type of prospecting as well as some other activities. If WE as miners, prospectors and outdoors loving folks Do Not Respond then we will LOOSE.

Last night I attended a United Prospectors Inc. meeting, Contra Costa County Section, and it was an enlightening as well as scary introduction to what these few individuals are attempting to do. Please see my post in the first "Action Alert only have till March 18 to comment" post/thread under Dredging & Highbanking as it explains the high points.

The Main High Point is that it is NOW that We Must Get Involved! I've volunteered to go to at least two of the more local meetings and I'm writing this email. Others of you have already gotten involved, Please stay involved! The folks who are plotting these moves, "they-the DFG and the Dirty Dozen", are counting on us just grumping on the internet and they are hoping we Do Not Unite as if we follow their hopes they will take away vast amounts of forests and rivers throughout California to be used no longer by the general public. If we unite, stay united and stay involved then we can beat them.

OK, there's my gold nuggets worth. Check out my post in the first Action Alert and then dig in for the fight and get involved!

Thank you, Herb/63bkpkr

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
Re: Action Alert 2nd Time for The Frog & Dredging

funny how the state LOSES all the electronic messeges that most likely are % wize heavily against what it plans to do * on the exact day it closes "comment" on the matter -so that when they hold their "public comment" meeting on the matter as required by law -- only the folks that are pro what they plan to do ( who will be sure to "pack the house') voices will be heard . (its a form of vote rigging --of the public veiw) --- it is like losing a ballot box filled full of votes from a area that votes against your candidate in a election , very fishy --in my veiw .

Hefty1

Bronze Member
Dec 5, 2010

I sent my comment in this morning and will call them to see if they are rec, them.
Let you know.

Hefty1

Bronze Member
Dec 5, 2010

No answer yet.....must be sleeping in.
Figures

Hefty1

Bronze Member
Dec 5, 2010

Everybody call them!!! Let them know we are not going to let them play their game!

Andrew Hughan, DFG Communications, (916) 344-8944
Mitch Lockhart, DFG Fisheries Branch (530) 906-3934

Hefty1

Bronze Member
Dec 5, 2010

No answer the first number ??? Great communacation #
Mitch # answer machine.

This su-ks

OP
OP
63bkpkr

63bkpkr

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Southern California
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Hi Folks,
Today I called Mitch Lockhart's phone, got the answering machine, left a very polite message along with my telephone number and he returned the call. He called to let me know that ONLY comments via US mail or emails would be accepted. So if you telephoned please email them or write a letter and mail it to them.

I know it is a pain however we must do it or loose out on another thing we enjoy doing.

Regards...........63bkpkr

Addendum 3/22: Mitch called me back the next day to let me know that only MAIL will be counted not phone messages so email and postal mail with your name and address on them will be accepted.

2cmorau

Bronze Member
Nov 8, 2010
Camptonville, CA
Detector(s) used
GMT&GM3 Whites MXT Pro, Shadow X5, Fisher 1280, OMG and the TDI
Primary Interest:
Prospecting

i thought this could be a bit helpful for those of us that will show up to SEIR comments meeting and say something

TESTIFYING BEFORE THE COMMISSION
Verbal Testimony
Please complete a speaker’s card and give it to a member of the staff prior to the item being
considered.
The following suggestions are offered to help you organize your testimony:
1. State your name, area of residence and whom representing.
2. State your major points first.
3. Briefly support major points with factual data, rationale, and/or logic.
4. Conclude with a brief summary of your major points.
You have come to present your ideas and make your feelings known. You want to accomplish
something and feel your time was well spent. This means you want your testimony to be as
effective as possible. Although it is nice to come with friends and supporters, remember the
Commission makes the decisions. You will be most effective by talking to the Commission, not
the audience.
Commissioners are appointed by the Governor to set regulations and policy. There is no doubt
that a well-spoken presentation is persuasive. Make your points clear. Reasoning and/or facts
to support them are very helpful. Important points may be lost in reading long, prepared
statements. A well-delivered and concise statement does the job best.
Repetition can be a problem. Please don’t repeat previous testimony. If someone has already
covered the points you intended to address, it is usually best to simply indicate your support for
the position and perhaps briefly summarize your feelings. Testimony may be limited depending
on the number of people wishing to speak. Speaker information cards will be used to organize
the testimony.
Written testimony
1. Written material of any length may be submitted prior to or at a meeting;
however, it is unrealistic to expect the Commission to read lengthy written
material that is submitted at the adoption hearing.
2. Your case will often be strengthened if you present your views in written form to
the Commission at least 10 days in advance.
3. Any said written material, if more than one type-written page in length, should be
prefaced by a one-page summary.
Please bear in mind that the Commission’s mandate is to reach decisions on the basis of what,
in its judgment, is best for fish, wildlife, and habitat statewide. Therefore, strictly localized
opinions and petitions, no matter how forcefully presented, may not always be acted upon
favorably by the Commission.
On the back of this sheet is an outline that may help you organize your testimony. We offer
these suggestions to help you be effective and successful in your efforts before the
Commission.
SUGGESTED TESTIMONY OUTLINE*
(Submit a speaker’s card)
MR. PRESIDENT AND MEMBERS OF THE COMMISSION, MY NAME IS _____________.
I AM FROM ________________, AND I REPRESENT _______________________________.
(club, organization, self)
I WOULD LIKE TO ADDRESS THE TOPIC OF_____________________________________.
Summarize major points. (What’s the issue and why is it important?):
Facts, data, rationale and/or logic:
Specific recommendations, if not included above. (What do you want the Commission to do?):
Again, brief summary of main points:
*On particularly involved and controversial subjects, the Commission may find it necessary to place a time
limit on individual testimony.

OP
OP
63bkpkr

63bkpkr

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Southern California
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Thank you 2comrau for adding this list of how to present at the meeting!! 63bkpkr

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri

YEP! thanks 2cmorau that is a very good format to addrerssing any board. it would be benificial to all if everyone would follow this format and not get up there to vent the rising frustrations we all have been getting from this "agency" that is running on 'their" agenda to rid the streams/lands of us small scale miners.venting will only do us harm. and whenever posting any comment or speaking in front of a agency/department always (in your comment) have a point of law tobe included in your comment. otherwise your comment doesent have much weight. having a point of law means that they have to include it in any further actions.

OP
OP
63bkpkr

63bkpkr

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Southern California
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Right on russau,
You are so correct about what will happen to small scale miners if we do not Act now. Check out You Tube for two videos; Magadan: Russia's Gold Mine. Listen to what the commentator as well as the on site reporter are saying about how the small scale miners have been STOPPED with harsh measures from mining. Also watch what is going on in the background, the land is being strip mined, it is a huge raping of the land. Also, when I first saw this video a month or so ago, after the mining video section ended the commentator has a last few remarks and his ending remark, though I can not recall it exactly, was "~Is this what is going to happen in the United States" HOWEVER that video has been modified and it now cuts off just before his ending comment above. What's with that? Is Big Brother really watching that close??

So, as small scale miners we are inefficient as we do not get all of the gold in a season or two. Of course not we only move a small portion of the river bed each year. The spring floods come and more gold is deposited and we go back in and move a little more and the cycle continues. What happened in Magadan was they got rid of all the small time miners and I do mean got rid of them! Then they moved in industrial scale operations and are strip mining the place, bulldozing down all trees, shrubs, etc. The Sierra Club would go nuts with that kind of activity here however, I suspect big industry has "plans" for the back country that do not include you or I or the Sierra Club's concerns. Oh, the second Video on You Tube is flagolds channel: finding gold XVII and towards the end of it he talks about the land grab going on in the U.S. that is closing down any areas which have "natural resources" of any value. I did not vote for that, did You?

We need to get involved, send in your thoughts about the closing of areas in California due to the Mountain Yellow-Legged Frog potential classification as an Endangered Species and the Dredging Ban in CA............Herb/63bkpkr

Lanny in AB

Gold Member
Apr 2, 2003
Alberta
Detector(s) used
Various Minelabs(5000, 2100, X-Terra 705, Equinox 800, Gold Monster), Falcon MD20, Tesoro Sand Shark, Gold Bug Pro, Makro Gold Racer.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting

63BPKR--it's listed on my thread as you requested.

I hope it helps.

All the best,

Lanny

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread