Activating a Discovery 3300 for first time use

Silver Fox

Dec 8, 2007
New York City, USA
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Land Star
I'm not a newbie (by a long shot!), I'm an old pro. But I just got a Bounty Hunter Discovery 3300 and I may go out for the first time in years with this "high-tech" detector. I had a "legendary" Teknetics Mark I Ltd which I could operate with my eyes closed and my hands tied behind my back!

Here is my question(s): After I turn the detector on, raise the coil waist-level, push Pinpont, lower the coil and eventually ground-balance the machine, what do I do next? Do I simply push the DISC/A-M pad which puts me in A-M (I'm guessing) and then touch the pad once more to go to DISC?

The owner's manual is not written logically as it says that after powering on the detector defaults to ALL METAL. Yeah, but then you have to select PIN POINT to ground balance so you are not in ALL METALS anymore.

I guess I answered my own question but I'd like to hear from you 3300 owners as to how you go through the procedure to begin hunting AFTER ground balancing.

thompy

Bronze Member
Feb 19, 2005
Menominee, Michigan
Detector(s) used
T-2,
you are on the right tract, its a pain to set the gb, and it doesn't remember you disc. settings when you switch modes, its not a bad machine but may be frustrating after using the teknetics, slower target responce, non modulated audio, Ive had 2 and sold the last one i had for my son after trying to work an iron infested site. yes the instructions leave alot to be desired. good luck with the 3300

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread