Actually found Silver yesterday...

Retired Fire

Dec 29, 2016
Charlotte, NC
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Ace 400, 5"x8" coils for both. Whites PinPointer.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We found a lot of Iron and tabs. But we did find one 1943-S Jefferson with 35% silver. And some modern clad from 1961-1990. So that is better than the weeks past. I am still looking for some Mercs or more Barbers. LOL, maybe soon. Thanks for looking.

IMG_20170513_150300656Edit 3.jpg IMG_20170514_111650257Edit1.jpg IMG_20170514_111704131Edit2.jpg

Upvote 18

Stretch Da Truth

Bronze Member
Jan 13, 2017
Detector(s) used
XP Déus & a Carrot!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congrats on some nice finds! :occasion14:
A Silver day is always a good day!

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Beautiful place to hunt, I bet there are goodies still hiding! :icon_thumright:

Diamondman307

Sep 20, 2016
Stockton, CA
Detector(s) used
Pioneer EX, Garrett GP Pointer, Bounty Hunter Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
All I see is people getting silver....sorry to sound butthurt....I've just never found silver....

JoeDirty

Oct 7, 2016
Denver Colorado
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tejón Black with a 5.75 concentric coil,
Tesoro Compadré 5.75 coil, Makro Pin Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Keep it up!

dirtdigginfool

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
south central ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
At Pro At Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
All I see is people getting silver....sorry to sound butthurt....I've just never found silver....

Diamond, keep swinging, one day...probably sooner than later, something tells me you'll pop silver. I had the same issue when i started...TONS of clad...and literally DOZENS if 1965 Washington quarters...very frustrating., however, I finally weaned myself off of the parks and schools, did a little research and contacted some friends who live in town. An older part of town, that is. First yard, about as big as a postage stamp...BOOM!! First AND second silvers, a Merc and a Rosie...several wheats and also my first IHC...What a day that was...so get out there and dig us up some shiny silver!! Ddf

OP
OP
Retired Fire

Retired Fire

Dec 29, 2016
Charlotte, NC
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Stick with it, it just happens when you least expect it. I rarely find silver but it is the hunt and anticipation that is the fun of it all.

McCDig

Silver Member
Jan 31, 2015
Baltimore, Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congrats on that war nickel.

Any idea on that "Y"-shaped piece of iron; I found one like it a few weeks ago here in Maryland.

OP
OP
Retired Fire

Retired Fire

Dec 29, 2016
Charlotte, NC
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on that war nickel.

Any idea on that "Y"-shaped piece of iron; I found one like it a few weeks ago here in Maryland.

Thanks! Smokeythecat solved it for me. It is a Horse Curry Comb without the comb. Basically just the handle.

b752869f80dddb47277b36baf02aba23.jpg il_570xN.698576675_f5it.jpg

Diamondman307

Sep 20, 2016
Stockton, CA
Detector(s) used
Pioneer EX, Garrett GP Pointer, Bounty Hunter Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Diamond, keep swinging, one day...probably sooner than later, something tells me you'll pop silver. I had the same issue when i started...TONS of clad...and literally DOZENS if 1965 Washington quarters...very frustrating., however, I finally weaned myself off of the parks and schools, did a little research and contacted some friends who live in town. An older part of town, that is. First yard, about as big as a postage stamp...BOOM!! First AND second silvers, a Merc and a Rosie...several wheats and also my first IHC...What a day that was...so get out there and dig us up some shiny silver!! Ddf

WOwiE! I've already found several wheats...my day is drawing nearer...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread