Actually got out today in New York!

Otsego digger

Aug 4, 2013
Can you believe it? It got up over 50 today and I had the day off so I went out for a while. Only problem is the ground is frozen solid 5-6 inches deep. I dug 8 holes and I was exhausted! I thought I was going to break my lesche. At least I got rid of the itch. Nothing great found,2 rifle shells,a dog tag from 1962 and some misc. junk. Good luck all!

Upvote 4

gman7665

Mar 1, 2013
Campville New York
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I got out for a few hrs also today in Tioga County N.Y. , Found a Rock w/ a Hole and a Old Oil Can ...I had Fun anyhow and got some SUN !!! lol

digging440yrs

Gold Member
Dec 5, 2012
UPSTATE NEW YORK
Detector(s) used
1970 COMPASS-
WHITES SILVER EAGLE-
WHITES DFX, 4X6DD COIL, 6X8DD COIL, 950 COIL, 10X12SEF COIL-
GARRETT PRO POINTER AT, GARRETT AT PRO , MINELAB EXPLORER SE with 8.5x12.5 Cors coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I charged my battery for my dfx, thats as far as i got-----getting close-----more snow coming thursday[5-10 inches]

prolab69

Bronze Member
Oct 8, 2007
in the stix of NY
Detector(s) used
Whites Eagle Spectrum, Fisher CZ-3D
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
yup, the ground is still frozen here in the fingerlakes also, i did get out today too, found a nice little sterling ring. i actually didnt care if i found anything or not, just needed to get out.

bennitto340

Feb 20, 2013
upstate NY
Detector(s) used
CZ-3D
ETP
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Well good to know my buddy and I weren't the only ones messing around in this frozen ground

gman7665

Mar 1, 2013
Campville New York
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yup... I to was out and really did not care if I got anything , I just needed to try...lol... Endicott N.Y. here is still pretty froze , Dug a Ball of foil and a Matchbox Truck...lol...

bennitto340

Feb 20, 2013
upstate NY
Detector(s) used
CZ-3D
ETP
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'm hoping this stupid storm ends up being more rain than snow might get out again this weekend. Hit an old Quaker village in otsego county yesterday and found most of a tomback button and some junk.

whammy

Oct 23, 2012
Conquest New York
Detector(s) used
Whites Vision, DFX, Eagle Spectrum
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Glad you guys got out. Out here west of Syracuse it's snowing like crazy and the wind is hitting 30 to 40 mph, can't even see across the road. One more day of this and then 40 for a couple days. Can't wait.

MuckyBottles

Bronze Member
Jun 19, 2013
Bone Valley, Florida
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I feel bad for you guys in the "Snow Belt"...We are getting rained on here, which will hopefully melt the rest of the snow...unfortunately, the temps won't get above 20 tomorrow...:BangHead:

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I had enough cabin fever today too and decided to try an old abandoned road I have been eyeballing for a bit now. I had heard there used to be 2 rail lines running parallel to each other and the road. Apparently what I had been waiting on was the other rail line. All I found was 2 rail spikes and a few tie plates in between the rain storms. I need to remember the bug repellant next time- I must have had a dozen ticks crawling once I could get home and strip off. Was good to get out anyway.

MuckyBottles

Bronze Member
Jun 19, 2013
Bone Valley, Florida
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had enough cabin fever today too and decided to try an old abandoned road I have been eyeballing for a bit now. I had heard there used to be 2 rail lines running parallel to each other and the road. Apparently what I had been waiting on was the other rail line. All I found was 2 rail spikes and a few tie plates in between the rain storms. I need to remember the bug repellant next time- I must have had a dozen ticks crawling once I could get home and strip off. Was good to get out anyway.

I wash all my "Outdoors Cloths" with permethrin, kills ticks dead on contact.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread