... actually last nights find but I'm sure you won't be too upset with me.

mikebourgeois

Jun 1, 2018
Victoria, BC
Detector(s) used
White's Treasure Master and a Makro Kruzer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Last night's find at the swing set. A lovely metal locking pencil box full of... nuts. Squirrel nuts... and dust. About 4 inches down and quite fresh... I thought it was someone's lunch but it was nuts. My detector always has fun finding the unusual.

Now I found this in a school playground so today I walked it into the office and was told... if it's not an expensive coat that some mother is going to go insane over her kid losing then we're going to throw it in a box and a month or so down the road we'll throw it out to goodwill. If you want it then take it and thank you for letting me know. I took it.

and I found a dime, a nickel and two maybe pennies or perhaps they're actually just big metallic coin shaped cruds. We'll see when I take them out of their soak and wash them down. shark tooth.jpeg

Upvote 10

Kray Gelder

Gold Member
Feb 24, 2017
Georgetown, SC
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
My first thought is some squirrel, made a huge evolutionary leap, and started storing his nuts in a lock box. Then you come along...

OP
OP
M

mikebourgeois

Jun 1, 2018
Victoria, BC
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My first thought is some squirrel, made a huge evolutionary leap, and started storing his nuts in a lock box. Then you come along...

You're right... I'm a thoughtless villain who steals the sweat of the brow from hard working vermin. Having said that I thought to go and salt the area with some Peanuts in Shell but the likelihood of having a kid with severe allergies find them made me cringe. So sucks to be the squirrel... I'll make sure I'm nice to the next one I come across with a pencil lock box.

Toecutter

Bronze Member
Nov 30, 2018
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lmao you guys are funny!!

Trezurehunter

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Illinois / Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 - Fisher CZ 5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We haven't heard from Squirrel on the forum in a while. Maybe he was locked in that box ! Nice unusual find.

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I love the great white pencil box....wow that shark looks mean. My kid would go nuts for that box !!

washingtonian

Gold Member
Sep 26, 2005
Puget Sound
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, Whites DFX
You're right... I'm a thoughtless villain who steals the sweat of the brow from hard working vermin. Having said that I thought to go and salt the area with some Peanuts in Shell but the likelihood of having a kid with severe allergies find them made me cringe. So sucks to be the squirrel... I'll make sure I'm nice to the next one I come across with a pencil lock box.

This is hilarious. What a curious find!!

OP
OP
M

mikebourgeois

Jun 1, 2018
Victoria, BC
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Coins are out of wash and the dime and penny were lovely and clean... the nickel was still very crusty and had to be scrubbed a bit but came out fairly clean. The last penny was actually a totally encrusted dime that when the crud was soaked off of it (and vinegar was a poor choice this time as it dissolved the dime right away) all I had left was half a dime and that was only obvious because of the milled edge and its thickness. The poor coin went into the garbage as it's not even close to being clean enough to show for interest and you could cut your finger on the ragged edge.

All clad coins as well... nothing of age.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread