adaptable waiver form to carry around with me?

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You don't need or want a waiver. If someone doesn't want you on their land, pulling out legal documents isn't going to do anything to change their mind. If they were OK with you before, asking them to start signing things will probably change their mind!

doc-d

Bronze Member
May 19, 2013
Pacific Northwest
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Now if somebody asked me to hunt my land, I would likely say yes.......if they then asked me to sign a form, my response would change instantly and not be very polite........

luvsdux

Bronze Member
May 16, 2007
Lewiston, Idaho
Detector(s) used
Multiple Tesoros and Whites
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Even a waiver freeing the landowner of all responsibility?
luvsdux

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am looking for a place to get an adaptable waiver to be filled out and signed on site. Thanks all
Welcome to Tnet! What do you want your waiver to say? Why do you think you need one?

Ism

Jun 17, 2009
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero
Whites TDI
Minelab Sovereign GT
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There are prepared documents on the detecting forums that people have written up. Do a search for waiver.
I have never needed one.
Most of the places you will want to hunt will be owned by people from an era where your word was your bond.

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
Even a waiver freeing the landowner of all responsibility?
luvsdux

well, yes and no.

Yes, it's a good idea IF the landowner says "I want a contract" or "I want a waiver". Then sure, have a fill-in-the-blank type.

But No, if you're just small-talking with a property owner, trying to secure permission (and they haven't asked for this). Because ...... think of it: What would YOU do if a total stranger came to your door with a contract for you to sign? You'd immediately conjur up images of legal ramifications, danger, risk, etc... and then you'd choose the easy answer: "no". Thus .... no ... you do not have contract, waivers, etc.... when seeking permission to hunt private property. It's the fastest way to get a "no". A simple yes or handshake is sufficient.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread