Add 1 more 90%er to my total from Friday.....lol....

cdickrun64

Nov 12, 2009
Upstate NY
Detector(s) used
My eyes
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
.....new totals are 12 90%'ers and 70 40%'ers. I was re-weighing the rolls to ensure 20 coins per roll, and found one that was a gram or so heavy.....so i checked it. It was a '64 with a dirty rim.....missed by my wife......she was helping me search since she knew there was silver to be found....lol. I think she is hooked, esp since we pulled about $525 worth of silver....lol.

Upvote 0

capy325

Apr 9, 2008
Just for the record... Blaming the wife is a good way to lose ~1/2 of your silver!!! :laughing9: Don't ask how I know!

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Why weigh your coin rolls? Good odds of missing something good like a very worn barber or WL! of course silver is heavier, but honestly, I'd open all my rolls, and I do not edge check because that dirty 1964 probrably couldn't be spotted my edge-searching.

Anyway, more for the pile! Congrats.

:icon_thumleft: :icon_thumright:

OP
OP
cdickrun64

cdickrun64

Nov 12, 2009
Upstate NY
Detector(s) used
My eyes
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Buffaloboy, I did open all the rolls...i was weighing them to make sure i wasnt shorting the bank when i turned them back in....as i have to re-roll them, no coin counters in my area... :(

mlayers

Gold Member
Oct 29, 2007
Northern, OH
Detector(s) used
DFX, White PI, Bounty Hunter, Whites Surfmaster II and Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Man you sure are lucky....Matt

SFBayArea

Bronze Member
Aug 28, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
It's very cool that you got your wife into it. Not many can get their wives or girlfriends into it. Of course, I'd say anyone could get into this if they pulled as much as you did.

Yinzi50

Bronze Member
Sep 14, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The same thing happened to me last Saturday. I weighed all the rolls to be returned to the bank. One roll weighed as 227g :o. It contained a very white 64. I don't how I missed that one. :icon_scratch: The only thing I can think of is I was in a hurry.

yonico

Dec 25, 2010
New York City
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
wow! that's an awesome score (even before the extra one lol)
i'm still waiting for a box like this.
good job! keep em coming

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread