54.6 KB · Views: 407

ClonedSIM

Silver Member
Jul 28, 2005
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
My name is Addison. Do I get the house? :tongue3:

I'll let you hunt there whenever you want, Gypsy.

GMD52

Silver Member
Feb 22, 2013
Lake Champlain, Vt.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I 'll see if I can bring this thread up to date, I hope.

I've learned of a couple of things in the Addison area;
1- The fort at crown point had their hunters traval across the lake to hunt at a large salt lick I have looked for this in several places, but consulting the Vt soils atlas might help.
2- Hospital creek, on the Vt side of the the lake was the site of a hospital site during the revolution, housing at one time upwards to 12,000 wounded and encamped soldiers. Hospital Creek enters the lake at two sites, at the marina off rt 125, and a couple miles around the corner where rt.125 crosses the lake at the "tubes" This is also the start of the Crown Point Military road that traverses the state to NH. and the site of Fort 4, in Charlestown. Aguide to the location of this trail, and it's campsite and burial site is available.

3-Chimney Point Historic site on the shores of the lake directly across from the fort at crown point. It's state land but the museum houses a good collection of Native American artifacts, and French heritage history.

This area has been traversed by armys and their allies since Samuel de Champlain in 1609, and has a multitude of campsites, ambush sites and mustering locations from the F-I , Rev, and War of 1812. The sites also host many reenactments each year.

duckdownr

Dec 10, 2012
I 'll see if I can bring this thread up to date, I hope.

I've learned of a couple of things in the Addison area;
1- The fort at crown point had their hunters traval across the lake to hunt at a large salt lick I have looked for this in several places, but consulting the Vt soils atlas might help.
2- Hospital creek, on the Vt side of the the lake was the site of a hospital site during the revolution, housing at one time upwards to 12,000 wounded and encamped soldiers. Hospital Creek enters the lake at two sites, at the marina off rt 125, and a couple miles around the corner where rt.125 crosses the lake at the "tubes" This is also the start of the Crown Point Military road that traverses the state to NH. and the site of Fort 4, in Charlestown. Aguide to the location of this trail, and it's campsite and burial site is available.

3-Chimney Point Historic site on the shores of the lake directly across from the fort at crown point. It's state land but the museum houses a good collection of Native American artifacts, and French heritage history.

This area has been traversed by armys and their allies since Samuel de Champlain in 1609, and has a multitude of campsites, ambush sites and mustering locations from the F-I , Rev, and War of 1812. The sites also host many reenactments each year.

So when are be going to hunt?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread