adopt a beach

P

POMPANO JIG

I'm new to this forum and I've just started developing an interest in treasure hunting so please forgive me if this topic has been raised before. It seems that something on the order of Florida's adopt a highway program could be started for the beaches. If treasure hunters using metal detectors could be at the front of this it would go a long way toward building a lobbying group in Tallahassee. Being a Florida native and lifelong resident of the Gulf coast area, the ability to use the beaches without hassle is very important to me.

T

treasurejack

Ooops! Hit the enter key by mistake! I'm bad....but anyway, just wanted to say that beaches are a lot cleaner today because of metal detecting as most of us remove all the trash items we locate. (i.e., nails, pull tabs, bottle caps, etc.) Glad to hear your thinking on the right terms though, now if we could just everyone to do it. Good luck!

boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Out in the hills near wherendaheckarwe
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Used to search the fire rings on the beaches in Calif. I would drag a beach cart to clean the pounds of nails out, then go back with the detector. On two occasions the lifeguards saw me dumping the beach cart into the trash dumpster and after that when they closed the beach, They'd pull up in their jeep and tell me I could hang out after the beach was closed. Guess they figured trash clean up was worth a couple hours of O.T. for me. Funny though I'll bet politics has changed that now days! ???

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Adopting a beach would work if only the idiots that call themselves civic leaders would understand the good that cleaning a beach would do. IF however now some money would find it's way into their pocket, things might be different.

There is a freshwater lake nearby that I used to hunt every morning during the summer. It got so clean that you could walk across it, (150 yds.) and never hear a beep. I was once told by another hunter that I would have bad luck there because some dude hunts it all the time. It made me feel good...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread