Adventure scheduled for tommorow with the kids

WINTERBEAR

Sep 20, 2012
eastern Wa
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
going to take the 7 & 8 yr old girls out and the teenager if she decides to go and see if we can find a unclaimed spot on the palouse river or one of the feeder creeks near laird park in northern ID. Found black sand quartz and some awful supicious fine specs in my test bucket from last year so as long as we can stand the smoke from the central WA fires we'll see if we can find some color.
Chris

Upvote 0

NeoTokyo

Bronze Member
Aug 27, 2012
Redding
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Eyes - Nokta FORS Gold - Fisher Gold Bug II
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Sounds like a fun trip, if the water is still warm enough to swim and you have masks, try your hands at underwater sniping. :)

OP
OP
W

WINTERBEAR

Sep 20, 2012
eastern Wa
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Neo the water is never "warm" :) had fun the girls found tons of "pretty" rocks caught a tadpole. did find a couple slivers and a dozen or so specs of what I believe are gold out of a few buckets full of material hard to get a picture but they stick/do not move in the pan like the black sand or the garnet sand that is the heaviest material otherwise and the one piece I was able to bend with the tweezers the odd thing is they are more of a reddish/yellow copper color vs bright yellow can this still be gold or did I pick up something else.
chris

Oakview2

Silver Member
Feb 4, 2012
Prather CA
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT
Primary Interest:
Other
Sounds like it might be stained with some iron rich soil. Try some bleach. Gold from different regions take on the hue of the materials they are found with.... Good job:icon_thumleft:

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
never warm?? bummer. To test for gold just use a knife edge on that rock--ifn' it cracks,crumbles or goes crunch not oro puro. Magnet is a good one too. Lead will leave a streak on a pan but not gold either-Gettn' them teenagers to do much is indeed a chore,my 14 year old gdaughter is a trip-nice 1 minute-next flaming byatch. Raised 4 kids-1 daughter was more work than all 3 boys-lotza luck-John

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread