ADVERTISING RESPONCE

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
You see all kinds of crazy ads out there today. The lastest in magazines are the ones that describe the product but list no price. The latest in TV ads are the crazy ones like the woodchucks chucking wood and almost no mention of the product. The ones that really get me are the ads for movies that show some very good clips and then just flash the name and opening dates at the end.
Well, to start this off, I respond to only two things, NEED & PRICE. Frank
Your turn !

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
Frank, If people weren't so attached to THINGS,there wouldn't be any need advertisments,my, how people are led to believe,I GOTTA GET ONE OF THOSE!! Just my observation!

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
While waiting around at the airport a few weeks ago I browsed a few magazines on a wide range of themes, and my first thought was....."where are all the articles?" Geezzzz........the greatest portion of these magazines were ads, most of which had very little to do with the theme of the magazine. :laughing7:

The Beep Goes On

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2006
Houston, TX
Detector(s) used
CTX3030, Excalibur II, V3i, TRX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The one 'technique' I don't understand is when they repeat the same commercial so many times that you end up actually muting the TV every time. I would never buy anything that is so irritating. It may stick in my mind for a while, but in a negative sense defeating the purpose; they're building a resentment instead of a customer. :evil6:

The wierdest ads out there now might be those .XXX domain ads.

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Beep Goes On said:
The one 'technique' I don't understand is when they repeat the same commercial so many times that you end up actually muting the TV every time. I would never buy anything that is so irritating. It may stick in my mind for a while, but in a negative sense defeating the purpose; they're building a resentment instead of a customer. :evil6:

The wierdest ads out there now might be those .XXX domain ads.

:thumbsup: Brings a few of those "resentment" ads to mind right off the bat.

Glenns5900

Dec 14, 2005
Longmont, CO USA
Detector(s) used
Whites 5900 Di Pro (not SL) Old, but still good
Commercials that annoy me are the pizza ones on TV where they ring a door bell. Sounds EXACTLY like mine. Getting tired of going to the door to find no one there.

Also, the radio ads that play a firetruck or police siren or blow a horn in their commercials when i'm driving somewhere. You about break your neck trying to get out of the way and finding out where it is coming from Then you realize it is a stupid car sales ad.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well if they don't list a price,
Consider it not for sale & Move on.

This is what I do.

They will never Sucker me into calling
so they can high Pressure me, for something that isn't even worth
Putting a public price on :icon_thumleft:

OP
OP
Frankn

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Here's another one that gets me. The ad that states something like 65% OFF. My mind immediately thinks,"But how much is on". The worst of the bunch never tell you the price. Frank

FarmerChick

Bronze Member
Nov 10, 2010
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
BH LoneStar
AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Commerce makes the world go 'round.

I don't mind ads that much. I look past them in mags unless the item is truly something I am interested in purchasing.
TV is super easy to mute, get up and get a drink or flip to another channel or record and fast thru commercials.

I look past and I suggest ya'll do the same. There are few ads that annoy me I guess cause I just don't care or let them bother me :laughing9:

what does get me is the price. If I do see something I am interested in and there is no price...I walk. Either make it super easy for me to spend my money with your company, or I will spend it elsewhere to the person who makes it the easiest to get it out of my wallet.

Goose-0

Dec 25, 2006
Central Minnnesota
Detector(s) used
White's DFX & VX3
Most ads today say 20% off, or 40% off, etc. What were these companies doing to the people before the "off" advertising? Also, most prices end in 9 or 9s.....$59.99 etc. In my state, I see that as $64.40 due to sales tax - .07375%. Some people see that price as $50 or $60.

OP
OP
Frankn

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
How about that ladder TV ad that gives an extremely low price, but the price is for rental while you try it. It never does give you the price to purchase it. Frank

allan

Oct 7, 2008
Vega Baja
Glenns5900 said:
Commercials that annoy me are the pizza ones on TV where they ring a door bell. Sounds EXACTLY like mine. Getting tired of going to the door to find no one there.

Also, the radio ads that play a firetruck or police siren or blow a horn in their commercials when i'm driving somewhere. You about break your neck trying to get out of the way and finding out where it is coming from Then you realize it is a stupid car sales ad.
:BangHead: I haven't had a doorbell in 8 years yet it gets the dog barking everytime

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gee, look at your posts. The ads have caught your attention, you're talkin about them, and that's what they were designed to do. Mission accomplished.

OP
OP
Frankn

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Rginn, They are designed to draw a positive responce, like running out and buying the product. What most of us are talking about is a negative responce.
I don't like the ones that shove the product in your face at the end. Frank

poorhunter78

Bronze Member
Jul 13, 2008
WV
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I ran into a buddy a couple weeks ago at a gas station.. As he pulled out his wallet, It was one of those little aluminum put all your money and cards in it things from TV.. I said "what the heck is that" he said "My new wallet, got it from TV.. Cool Huh" I said "Oh, So you are one of their Suckers"....

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread