Scottish888

Jan 22, 2018
Scotland
Detector(s) used
Garret
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Hi Folks,

I was not sure where to post for some advice so apologies if this is not correct.
Looking for advice on getting work in gold mines, one major issue I have is that I am applying from Scotland UK so I think my applications are rejected outright even though I state I can get over to the USA within a week.
I am now thinking to combine a holiday with a job seeking aim as I would prefer to talk to the people on the sites directly, likely I would still be directed to personnel but at least I could talk and show them I was on the ground and ready to go.
I am not fussy about most job positions, I am doing it for the experience but still need it to cover my basic costs.
Never worked in a mine before as so few here in the UK but I have an engineering and science background and have a research degree in the hydrology area so I could be useful.
Is this a feasible idea? I know employers would have to fill in extra forms with me being a British foreigner, maybe that kills the idea?

Regards

Upvote 0

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Maybe, it's also worth considering a challenging and rewarding career path, and check out the various electrician careers offered at https://www.electricianclasses.com/. They provide a range of programs that can help you develop the skills and knowledge you need to succeed as an electrician. Plus, as demand for skilled electricians continues to grow, these careers can offer stability and good earning potential.
Roykerry, we do not allow spamming or spam links, please do not post them again.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread