usmchog

Jan 4, 2020
Wyoming
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo Supertrac
Minelab Explorer SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I’m a new member and new to detectors with displays (always used Tesoro Lobo Supertrac). I just wanted to drop in and say hi and share a quick funny story on the setup of my new Minelab Explorer SE. The short of the story is, I spent about a half hour trying to get the thing set up the way I wanted, and no matter what coins and metals I ran past it, I could not get rid of the confusing readings. Finally in the end I realized the coil was only about 10 to 12 inches from my knee which had been replaced last year. It was picking up the interference by reading the titanium in my knee and preventing me from getting clean readings on the coins and rings. Moral of the story, pay attention to your surroundings. 🙄

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome. I had the same problem, sort of...machine read my truck several feet away! And...note to self...remove ring before passing hand fulls of dirt under the loop.

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I’m a new member...
tn_md.gif
I noticed this was your very first post - so, Welcome Aboard usmchog! Take a look at Forum: Wyoming for information (i.e., clubs, etc.) directly related to your state.

...new to detectors with displays (always used Tesoro Lobo Supertrac). I just wanted to drop in and say hi and share a quick funny story on the setup of my new Minelab Explorer SE...
tn_metal_detector.gif
You might also consider sharing your story on Brands > Minelab > Explorer...

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
LOL! :laughing7: Welcome from White Plains, New York! :occasion14:

ticndig

Silver Member
Apr 17, 2009
Cumberland Va
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
T-2-SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome from the center of Va . hunting in a carhartt jacket with brass snaps was my DUH moment.

teleprospector

Silver Member
Jul 8, 2007
The Motor City
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Extended Sensory Perception, L-rod, Y-rod, pendulum, angle rods, wand.
White's MXT, Garrett Ultra GTA 500, AT Gold, SCUBA Detector Pro Headhunter, Tesoro Sidewinder, Stingray, 2 box-TF900, Fisher TW-6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome! That machine is so lightweight that you could prob just extend the pole length out like a tall man rod and still be able to swing it out further from you and not pick up the titanium. Or swing with the opposite arm?
Jon from s/e Michigan 8-) :cat::occasion14: :headbang:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread