Advice on coin found in St. Lucia

littleking

Dec 1, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm totally new to TreasureNet and to be honest, am not even sure this is the best place to post - but I'm hoping someone might be able to give me a bit of insight or at least a push in the right direction.

20 years ago, this coin was found on the hilltop of Marigot Bay, St. Lucia.

marigot-bay-coin.jpg

It's believed to be part copper by the founders. The trident was also a symbol of the slavery freedom of Barbados - a nearby island. The coin includes the initials of M.B., but it's not certain that stands for "Marigot Bay" - although that would seem the most obvious. Some other people have thought it might stand for "Marquee de Boualey" or something like that. (Marquee is french word for royalty).

Anyway, we're trying to find out what this coin is about. Any help is super appreciated! : )

Thanks,

Ryan

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Barbados has an identical shaped trident on one of their cent coins, but without seeing both sides it's hard ti help much for uncommon currency like that (if it is a coin).

OP
OP
L

littleking

Dec 1, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow! That was quick, thanks so much guys! The owner is going to be so interested. Do you have anymore info on the Merrimam Brothers? When time period that might of been? Where they're from..etc.

Thanks again!!!

CincinnatiKid

Bronze Member
Nov 5, 2013
Cincinnati Ohio
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Garrett ProPointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome littleking.
I noticed your coin/token, etc., is double "holed". Can you please tell me if it has curvature.
Thanks
Peace ✌

OP
OP
L

littleking

Dec 1, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You guys are amazing. Thanks you soo much! You've made me look like a rockstar for finding out this info lol. A true treasure community here! All the best to you all.

Cheers & thanks again! : )

Ryan

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions