Nov 1, 2011
so.cal.mtns.
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
garrett,minelab,fisher,,,atp current weapon of choice
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I dont have both but can comment on 8x5 dd...its been an amazing addition for my atp.target seperation is crisp and believe it or not it seems as deep as stock coil.I hunt trashy areas and have yet to remove the 5x8 since I mounted it 5 months ago.

cheers

jeweler21

Mar 8, 2013
San Angelo, Tx
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE, Garrett AT pro, Teknetics T2, Garrett GTAX 500, A.H. Electronics Super Pro 5, Fisher VLF 555 D/B, Garrett AT Pin Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have both. I used the 8 x 5 all the time until I bought the NEL Sharpshooter, since then it has never been off.
A great coil.
Good Luck & HH

bigfoot1

Silver Member
Nov 1, 2011
so.cal.mtns.
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
garrett,minelab,fisher,,,atp current weapon of choice
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have both. I used the 8 x 5 all the time until I bought the NEL Sharpshooter, since then it has never been off.
A great coil.
Good Luck & HH

can you let me know performance differance?I'm curious if its worth getting one.I am in mining district,highly mineralised.thanks

OP
OP
rodarian

rodarian

Jul 20, 2014
upstate New York
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, ACE250, Garrett pro pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
A great coil.
Good Luck & HH

This is the coil I am leaning towards. Would you say the depth and separation of targets are substantially noticeable? I'm guessing they are since you have not taken it off. I can get either of these coils for the exact same price. Do you know anything about NEL customer service? As we all know, Garrett is exceptional. Thanks for your input, guys.

frankie

Feb 7, 2010
mass
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ctx 3030 deus excalibur sovern but used gp4500 sd2200 whites nd a few fisher. Nox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have had lot of detectors. Most all the metal detectors with stock coils are about the same in the depth department. They all get around a foot. But minelab seems to have a edge in the dept department with their detectors. The gp 4500 is crazy deep. I can dig a hair pin at three feet. Three feet is a lot of digging. Small and noticeable difference on these under $1500 machines. I only use the dd coil where i live. Salt water beaches and black sand. I have a at pro and really don't like it. I got it for my second beach back up detector. Their all good detectors. But when it comes to depth and different coils on these machines. Their about the same. I do like some of the custom coils. Adjustments can add that little extra noticable depth to that coil that you want. I have a exclibur, deus, 3030, and a sovern. Good luck

Last edited:

jeweler21

Mar 8, 2013
San Angelo, Tx
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE, Garrett AT pro, Teknetics T2, Garrett GTAX 500, A.H. Electronics Super Pro 5, Fisher VLF 555 D/B, Garrett AT Pin Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is the coil I am leaning towards. Would you say the depth and separation of targets are substantially noticeable? I'm guessing they are since you have not taken it off. I can get either of these coils for the exact same price. Do you know anything about NEL customer service? As we all know, Garrett is exceptional. Thanks for your input, guys.

No, I don't know about their service. I have the sharpshooter coil on my ATP and on my T2. Satisfied with the coil on both and had no problems.

OP
OP
rodarian

rodarian

Jul 20, 2014
upstate New York
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, ACE250, Garrett pro pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thank you for the comments, guys. I need to order this by this friday if I want it here for my b-day.(wifes gift to me. She rocks!:headbang:) I am still no closer to a decision, though...lol. It's too bad there aren't any videos of the two of them, going head to head, on the ATPRO. I'll continue doing my due diligence and make a decision. Thanks again.:occasion14:

luvsdux

Bronze Member
May 16, 2007
Lewiston, Idaho
Detector(s) used
Multiple Tesoros and Whites
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I don't have either coil, but can comment that that general style and size has been my go to coil on my MXT.
luvsdux

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread