Upvote 0

AGCoinHunter

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2009
Detector(s) used
ACE 250 (MD) Bare hands (CRH)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Try selling them here. I know people here will buy.

SFBayArea

Bronze Member
Aug 28, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
I wonder if this is the right time to sell.. silver is definitely falling off the cliff.. how much lower are silver prices going to fall.. any guesses anyone?

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
When I see silver prices vary plus or minus 2 or 3 bucks, 90% halves still command a premium. Last couple weeks, rolls of Walkers and Kennedys traded for roughly 13.5 to 15 X face (ebay). I haven't seen 'em drop in the last couple days. Last sunday I paid 13 x for 3 rolls of Kens/Walkers mixed.
Like others replied, buyers here could be your best bet. ffd

65gt350

Mar 6, 2007
California
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Toltec 100
SFBayArea said:
I wonder if this is the right time to sell.. silver is definitely falling off the cliff.. how much lower are silver prices going to fall.. any guesses anyone?

My guess is that we will drop to $14.50.

timbobwey

Bronze Member
Mar 16, 2009
MI
Detector(s) used
ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm keeping mine at least until it peaks again.

rileyboy

Bronze Member
Jan 15, 2010
Have a good friend who is in the coin business. He is keeping all walkers and Bens that are at least in Very Fine condition. Try grading the ones you have and only unload the beat up ones. Since silver is slipping a little, I'd hang on to the 90%er's for a while. If you don't need the money, why not. Not a sermon, just a thought.
rileyboy

WrapNRoll

Tenderfoot
Dec 15, 2007
I'm interested in buying a modest amount of 90% Halves for Friday's current spot prices and some 40% halves as well (but not too many given their bulk). Anyone on this forum who is looking to sell, let me know. At Friday's close of 16.18 per oz, that works out to $115.69 per $10 face value roll of 90%. For 40% rolls, that works out to $47.73 per roll.

I've checked CNI (www.golddealer.com) and they buy - in large lots of $1,000 Face Value - at $110 per 90% roll and $43.50 per 40% roll. They sell (also in $1000 Face Lots) at $118 per roll for 90% and $48 per roll for 40% -- so I'm paying more than dealers pay, but I'm saving myself money versus buying from dealers at their retail selling prices.

I'm not willing to pay extra for S&H - as I can get free shipping from CNI.

Thanks

David

ScoobaSteve

Nov 28, 2008
USA
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTX500
My advice would be to hold on to them. PM spot prices are completely manipulated and ya might be foolish to use 'em as a reference. After some extensive research, I think that there might be a shortage of silver and it is not being reported. If you NEED to sell them, I suppose that selling on the forum would be best.

Some might say that anytime that you have a chance to make a profit, you should sell. I agree with that statement, but I also use my silver as a hedge. Easiest way to save money is to save PMs.

quiksilver

Bronze Member
Oct 25, 2009
I would say a coin show. You can spend a half hour and get a bunch of quotes. The coin show i was at 2 weeks ago had a dealer paying 12 times face, of course i screwed up and missed him getting 10.75.

Diver_Down

Silver Member
Dec 13, 2008
St. Augustine, FL
My advice is to not use the advice that was given about trying to sell them on the forum, and then criticize the hobby of CRH'ing. For a hobby that "is for the birds", you are looking to make a tidy profit for pulling coins from circulation at face value. Good luck with future hobbies.

obediah

Bronze Member
Apr 25, 2009
Clarksville TN.
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE Pro
So far Ebay is the best have found myself and they have a set Final value fee for Silver coins; last batch of 27 Rolls of %40s sold averaged 42.74 a Roll after fees; sold all those rolls when silver was just over $18.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread