Advice on some franklins needed

Zomotion

Bronze Member
Oct 22, 2013
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, coinmaster Gt Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I picked up a $600 bag of halves at a credit union. First time visit, but I am a member. I immediately started pulling some EF to Au franklins... However most of them were either cleaned or maybe purposefully scratched ??????

What are your opinions on these. I'm putting them in my albums, replacing some of the well circulated franklins... But are the scratched/cleaned "Au" considered less collectible/valuable than a circulated good to fine Franklins?

I know... Do what I like, but would like to hear your opinions.

Btw also pulled 3 '64 and 4 x 40% from the bag. Also found a few more 40% on the road trip. Not bad for the day!
image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Death&Taxes

Jan 2, 2017
Taxechusetts (It sucks)
Detector(s) used
The only two certainties in life are death and taxes.
Primary Interest:
Other
Worth as much as a cull for most dealers. Even AU Franklins aren't worth any extra unless they are from better dates.

Diver_Down

Silver Member
Dec 13, 2008
St. Augustine, FL
Go for the eye-appeal. They aren't worth anymore to a dealer, but you are the one that has to look at the book. What would you rather see? Also, when it comes time to sell, a nice visually appealing set will get more interest from collectors than a set that isn't. IMO, I would sell the set at auction (eBay or local with my preference being local).

kingskid1611

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2015
Oklahoma
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I personally don't care for cleaned coins but when putting in a book go with eye appeal until a better one comes along. With a complete set you'll make more regardless of condition if eye appeal is good. IMO

rcs

Mar 15, 2017
Western Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Either way it's a great score! Franklins are just about my favorite.

OP
OP
Zomotion

Zomotion

Bronze Member
Oct 22, 2013
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, coinmaster Gt Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I like the look of them, they are in the album for sure. Thanks for all the input!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread