Advice plz..

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The T2 isn't going to do anything for you that your AT Pro isn't already doing. 15kHz vs 13kHz - Same, same. Why not look into a true upgrade? Maybe a Minelab Safari. :skullflag:

bigfoot1

Silver Member
Nov 1, 2011
so.cal.mtns.
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
garrett,minelab,fisher,,,atp current weapon of choice
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
me thinks terry is again correct.likely you would be expecting a bigger differance than you are gonna get.

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
Abita Springs La....Born in New Orleans
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I myself am looking to upgrade my AT Pro. I'm considering the XP Deus. I'm looking for a little more depth and something that discriminates gold a little better. I need some advice myself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

against the wind

Gold Member
Jul 27, 2015
Port Allegheny, Pennsylvania
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excalibur, XP Deus, & CTX 3030.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
At the risk of being accused of not being loyal to my AT PRO,, I must say, the machine I upgraded to, was the
E-trac. My silver coin finds increased from 25, (each of 2 years w/ PRO), to 81 silver coins my first year with the
E-trac, and 158 silver coins last year.
Good luck with your choice.

Last edited:

jerseyben

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2010
NJ Pine Barrens
Detector(s) used
T2 SE
Primary Interest:
Other
I had an AT Pro and sold it. I had an Etrac and sold it. The only machine I still use is the T2 SE. Not that there is anything wrong with any of those 3 machines. In fact they are all really awesome machines. I just personally found that over the years, the machine that represented the best "well rounded" overall value was the T2 SE, IMO.

beerguy

Bronze Member
May 6, 2004
Camano Island, WA
Detector(s) used
CTX3030,
Many more on a rotating basis.
Park Ranger and Pack Mule pouches by Freeloader!
Yeah, get something that is a true upgrade.

Nothing worse than spending money and being underwhelmed...

OP
OP
Indiana_Brandon

Indiana_Brandon

Feb 23, 2014
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
DD Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I guess I should of said I had the AT Pro but it was lost in our house fire awhile back so I'm trying to decide on getting a new detector instead of replacing so to speak.. But I like the Deus as well.. I'd love an Etrac but $$ is to tight on our family right now.. If I was going to pass up on T2 Classic and AT Pro maybe the Deus or T2 LTD?? Input as BF much appreciated

Deft Tones

Bronze Member
Mar 24, 2016
Hawkeye State - Area 515
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i, XP Deus, Minelab Sovereign GT, Garrett AT Pro, Whites TRX (2), Predator Raven, Predator Raptor, Lesche Sampson
Primary Interest:
Other
Atpro or Deus... Deus will do everything ATpro can plus more. That is an upgrade in technology and ergonomics.

The AT is a great machine but the Deus spanks it in my experience...especially on the gold and chains....particularly the chains. And deus will have you digging rings from iron to silver with everything in between.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread