GoldBug II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would tell myself;
1. Location
2. knowledge of terrain
and
3. Patience
will help you find the CW relics you search for.
Marvin

luvsdux

Bronze Member
May 16, 2007
Lewiston, Idaho
Detector(s) used
Multiple Tesoros and Whites
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Always wear headphones and re-check your holes/plugs before moving on.
luvsdux

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Learn your machine. Do the 100 hours as the manual (Garrett) will suggest. You cannot learn it in a weekend or even in a month. TOO many machines are being sold in less than a month as not the one for me, and another bought, then another.......
1. Learn your machine.
2. Slow down and keep that coil at the ground your entire swing.
3. Know the 90 degree turn for pinpointing.
4. Last, learn your machine. ╦╦Ç

Last edited:

SusanMN

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2007
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark, Xterra 705, Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you go out hunting you might not find anything, but if you sit on the sofa you are guaranteed not to find anything.

Ammoman

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2015
NC
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Nokta Impact, Tesoro Compadre..
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wear sunscreen....of course, back then, sunscreen had not been invented yet.

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
If you go out hunting you might not find anything, but if you sit on the sofa you are guaranteed not to find anything.
I don't know, Sue. When my dad got up from lying on the couch, us kids would dive for the couch. Sometimes, now, I think he left the change on the sofa on purpose. ╦╦Ç

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
SLOW DOWN!!!
For a long time I swung way too fast with several different detectors and still did pretty good then one day at a site I had thought I drained completely I tried going way slower and it came alive again...it was almost like I was never there before.
This was life changing, after that using much lower swing speeds my good finds volumes increased exponentially and continues to this day.
It was difficult to change and I still need to watch myself, much easier to learn good habits from the beginning than to try to relearn them later on.
When at the beach I would overlap my swing and waddle small steps like a penguin. Then, when I turned around, everyone was laughing at me. No, but I could tell exactly where I had been because I was making tracks that looked like turtle tracks. ╦╦Ç

sprailroad

Silver Member
Jan 19, 2017
Grants Pass, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Garrett A3B United States Gold Hunter, GTA 1000, AT Pro, Discovery Treasure Baron "Gold Trax", Minelab X-Terra 70, Safari, & EQ 800, & Nokta Marko Legend. EQ 900.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hurts my head to even THINK about it. Toooooo many things, but then again, after 30 yrs., I'm still learning.

Kurios1

Silver Member
Feb 25, 2017
FEMA REGION 5 North Central Illinois
Detector(s) used
Nokta Impact Whites DFX 300 & M6 Matrix, Minelab Explorer II (2), Makro Red Racer & Racer 2, Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would tell myself to go back 20 years and buy a metal detector instead of waiting until 2 years ago to buy one

I must be older than you. I'd go back 40 years and can only imagine the hoard of great finds I may have had.:dontknow::sad11:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread