vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
tn_moved_over.gif

..: Moved from Today's Finds! over to Forum: Brands > Minelab for more exposure :..​

ScubaDetector

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2016
Port Huron MI
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
2 Fisher CZ-21's 8 and 10" coils
Tesoro Tiger Shark 8 and 10" coils (Interchangeable)
Minelab E-Trac with Sun Ray Probe
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Rudy,

This isn't the place to ask for advice and it will probably be moved. I went to the Minelab forum but there is no sub forum for the Go-find. So I am not quite sure where it will be moved to. I am sure a mod or another member can steer you in the right direction.

LOL and a mod beat me to it! Good work VPnavy!!

against the wind

Gold Member
Jul 27, 2015
Port Allegheny, Pennsylvania
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excalibur, XP Deus, & CTX 3030.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was considering purchasing one, just to keep in the car. I have been a faithful customer of a dealer for quite some time. I respect and trust his opinion. I asked him about the "60"
He answered quite bluntly, "It's a toy"

searching 4

Dec 6, 2017
pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
garret ace 200
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i'm new to detecting myself and I was advised by a long time detector to get a garret 200 ,,,i'm happy with it so far, got it online for around $170 , it may not have all the bells and whistles the higher end machines have but to start out with I think I did ok

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
I'd go with a Tesoro Compadre over the Garrett. They're in the same price range and the Compadre is a more capable machine.

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There are other makes/models that are a better machine than the Go 60. What and where are you going to detect?

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Pick another model, too many were returned for failures.

ScubaDetector

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2016
Port Huron MI
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
2 Fisher CZ-21's 8 and 10" coils
Tesoro Tiger Shark 8 and 10" coils (Interchangeable)
Minelab E-Trac with Sun Ray Probe
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting

clv

Dec 23, 2012
santee, ca
Detector(s) used
Current Detectors; Minelab Safari, Equinox 600
TRX Pin Pointer, Fisher 1235x
Have owned; Minelab Eureka gold,
Tesoro Compadre, White's MX5, GMT, MXT Pro,
fisher cz7a pro, go fine 20, Garret Ma
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had a 20, was unimpressed, my Tesoro compadre is a much better machine.

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Hello RudyT,

In 2017, I bought the Go-Find 60 for a very good price for a “trunk” detector when passing school play areas. After reading the original post I would like to publish some of my test results. This test was a quick test, but all distance measurements accurate within +/- ¼”. Only clad coins were tested. In this test, I was just looking for maximum detector depth in air with proper tones and visual display. If time permits and SNOW melts, I will complete an extensive test on the machine including all of my in ground test bed items. Obviously, coins and jewelry in real ground conditions will affect the depth, tone and visual display of the machine.

NOTE: I am not stating one way or the other on the machine’s worth, but only my basic air tests.

AIR Test:

Quarter – 9 “ proper tone and visual
Dime – 6 1/2” proper tones (occasionally dropping lower)
Nickel – 7” proper tone and visual
Zinc Cent – 7” proper tone and visual
Ladies gold ring – 5” proper tone and visual
Silver Charm (3/8”) – 4 1/2” proper tone and visual
Gold Mickey Mouse charm (1/4”) – 2 1/2” Proper tone and visual

Regards,

Doc

P.S. I have hunted a few play grounds using the Go-Find 60.

jhittle

Jun 7, 2016
Vancouver WA
Detector(s) used
◄ Minelab CTX 3030
◄ XP Deus
◄ Minelab Equinox 800
◄ Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have a Go Find 20 and it’s great for a throw in your bag travel detector, but as a primary it would not be my first choice ... but I also have a CTX so and now a XP Deus and AT pro, the CTX is my go-to detector and the Deus is my wife’s detector, with the AT Pro kept for when the kids or a friend wants to try and hunt, the Go Find is kept as a backup in the trunk. I took the Go Find 20 to Hawaii and on a two week visit thought I would give it a try as it fit in my carryon bag, I pulled $22 in clad 1 ring and a few costume jewelry items and during the entire time i kept telling myself I wish I had shipped the CTX as the Go Find is more of a beep and dig it has limited discrimination so you end up digging everything.....

The other issue is the Go Find 20 collapsible handle is pretty weak, as soon as it touched the sand it quit working I extend the shaft and lock it won’t stay locked. My recommendation spend a little more time and look at other options as I consider the Go Find an occasional use detector and would not consider as my primary.

20170110_094239.jpg 20170110_083707.jpg

marjam

Nov 17, 2012
I would either try the entry level fishers, garretts, or tesoro. Any reputable brand should be fine. What you might consider is the availability of aftermarket coils for your machine when you want one. Whichever model has a good variety you might want to think about getting that one, because different size coils will help either get in between trashy items with a small coil, or a bigger coil will make it detect deeper in clean ground. Something to think about.......

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread