SusanMN

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2007
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark, Xterra 705, Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The paths to the house and barn, under the clothesline, spots where people might have sat or picnicked outside, where kids might have played, around the barns and if dirt, the barn floor. Along and on the driveways, where the outhouse might have stood, under all big trees. I am sure others will come along with a bunch more.

empty_pockets

Apr 7, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Susan is correct, study this chart, 90% of your finds will be farm related and if you use to much discrimination, goodby coins.... samsung-man-digging-small-23564.jpg

mamabear

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2008
SE Missouri
Detector(s) used
garage sale oldie
Primary Interest:
Other
watch out for wells!! They often are not visible & the wood covering them can be rotten. Look for flower beds too. there was a lot of activity around flowers

OP
OP
H

harleyglide

Jun 16, 2013
illinois
Detector(s) used
sharpshooter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I taught ol grandpa built the barns but there from the late 1800s . My first time gotta get a little practice in my yard.

CincinnatiKid

Bronze Member
Nov 5, 2013
Cincinnati Ohio
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Garrett ProPointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Also check inside of chimney. Fence posts have had hidden treasures next to or under them. Try to think where you would hide valuables back then. Kitchens were the focal point of homes. If treasure was hidden, the spot may be easily viewed from a kitchen window, just to keep a eye on it. Good luck!
Peace

wvplug

Mar 2, 2014
Randolph County, WV
Detector(s) used
AT Pro and Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Outside around the old cellar and under the house and even in the walls and floors of the house using your pin pointer.

OP
OP
H

harleyglide

Jun 16, 2013
illinois
Detector(s) used
sharpshooter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dealt didn't get to do much detecting dam Forrest creeping up on the olhouse but ill be back in the fall amazing how nature reclaims its land.Need a good lawn mower and chainsaw

DigIron2

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2014
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Fisher f75/1270/1266x/Radio Shack Treasure tracker/
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Where ever you think would be the best place to start would probably be the best place.I would try all of the above suggestions,and where ever they might have gotten there water and the route they might have taken to get it.Sometimes it might just be a creek/spring in a bottom?.gl:metaldetector:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions