Aerial Exploration of an Unknown and Unnamed Mine - UUM 467

SaltwaterServr

Mar 20, 2015
Texas
Primary Interest:
Other
We took the Phantom 4 out for a spin to get to this mine which is fairly difficult to get to. From the ground it's a mile and a half hike in with no trails, and about 1200' in elevation inside that distance. From where I was shooting the video, about 1700' away and 770' down from me, there's no way to get to this mine other than by air.

There's nothing known about it in any historical archives.

The moments when the video goes very bright is where I'm upping the exposure so I can see back into the shadows.

It's shot in 4K HD, but you'll need to adjust the settings on the Youtube display to get that high definition.

Upvote 0

Assembler

Silver Member
May 10, 2017
Detector(s) used
Whites, Fisher, Garrett, and Falcon.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
We came, we didn't see, we tried.

The path we thought offered the least resistance was not remotely easy once we got halfway up. 2 hours of hiking and we had realistically only done the fast half.

What looked like large boulders on the side of the mountain were 20-30' spires in some cases. The terrain was going to be much steeper than expected. We had about 3 hours of daylight left and our best guess was we would possibly make it with 30 minutes of light left.

So we turned around and went home. Almost.

We found another prospect spot with a lot of good ore still there. We call it "SB1" because it's a son of a (Hillary clinton) to get to. We'll know how that ore looks later in the day.

We also found a fairly extensive adit that I'll have a video up for today.

There's also another large dump pile with a hidden portal. The ore coming off of that is showing very large and chunky gold so far.
Is "Hillary" a type of 'Hardrock' that a "Pop shot charge" is used on?........LOL
Thanks for the update on the venture and the video clips SaltwaterServr.

arizau

Bronze Member
May 2, 2014
AZ
Detector(s) used
Beach High Banker, Sweep Jig, Whippet Dry Washer, Lobo ST, 1/2 width 2 tray Gold Cube, numerous pans, rocker box, and home made fluid bed and stream sluices.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I assume there is no road access to the ridge line(?) or that is where your starting point was(?). Somewhere from the ridge seems to be the most logical route they would have used considering the terrain in the video. Good to hear not all was in vain though.

Last edited:
OP
OP
S

SaltwaterServr

Mar 20, 2015
Texas
Primary Interest:
Other
I assume there is no road access to the ridge line(?) or that is where your starting point was(?). Somewhere from the ridge seems to be the most logical route they would have used considering the terrain in the video. Good to hear not all was in vain though.

There's not even a game trail up there.

Mad Machinist

Silver Member
Aug 18, 2010
Southeast Arizona
Primary Interest:
Prospecting

Nothing is going to be easy where we are at. That's why the gold is still there.

RTR

Gold Member
Nov 21, 2017
Smith Mt. Lake Va.
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Liberator
Falcon MD-20
Blue Bowl
Angus MacKirk sluice
Miller Table
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting