Affordibility

Cuervo

Aug 11, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If anyone can not afford a White's VX3 the next best thing would be to get a Discovery (Bounty Hunter) 3300. The VX3 has 191 notches and can be programmed to be used world wide. The 3300 has 151 notches and can be used world wide. The 3300 is about 30% the cost of the VX3.
The 3300 has about 80% of the VDI range of the VX3. My self I will be getting the VX3 in the future, since I have an Eagle II and know completely how to program it here in Canada. If I can afford it I will get a 3300 for my wife as well.

I have been MDing for more than 35 years and I have 4 other brands of detectors as well.

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The 3300 is the BH version of the Fisher F4. I really liked the F4 during the 6 months I hunted with it. I fell in love with DD coils soon after I began to swing it. I almost picked up a 3300 a couple days ago (dang near brand new) for only $60. Too bad I was the 2nd one to contact the seller. For $60 I thought it would be a great detector to keep with me, just in case the permission owner wanted to detect, I could offer him a decent machine instead of loani9ng him my F75LTDSE or XP Deus. I used the notch feature often since I used it my 1st season. The only 2 draw backs were that it uses two 9V batteries (can be expensive at some stores) ask me I know, one day I forgot to take a spare set with me and I was hunting an hour away from the house. I had to buy 2 from the local hardware store and they set me back over 6 bucks. The other drawback is that the ground balance only works in all metal mode and the standard tones are absent in AM mode. The F4 would have detected most of my best finds since many were 8" deep or less so I thing the BH 3300 could have also detected them.

OP
OP
Cuervo

Cuervo

Aug 11, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I currently have an 1100 as a back-up which has only 3 tones and no pinpoint, but it is really good at finding Canadian coins which since about 2001 are about 94 to 95 percent steel core with cladding. If I get one or two high tones while sweeping the target at least 4 or 5 times I know it is a Canadian steel core coin. I ignore all mid and low tones after sweeping at least 4 to 5 times without any high tone. Because they are mostly iron and foil and pulltabs. Actually my wife has her own dector, so if I can afford to purchase the 3300 after the VX3, I will probably be the one who uses it the most often. Of course all high tones indicates penny to silver American, except zinc pennies which are a medium tone.

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
If anyone can not afford a White's VX3 the next best thing would be to get a Discovery (Bounty Hunter) 3300. The VX3 has 191 notches and can be programmed to be used world wide. The 3300 has 151 notches and can be used world wide. The 3300 is about 30% the cost of the VX3.
The 3300 has about 80% of the VDI range of the VX3. My self I will be getting the VX3 in the future, since I have an Eagle II and know completely how to program it here in Canada. If I can afford it I will get a 3300 for my wife as well.

I have been MDing for more than 35 years and I have 4 other brands of detectors as well.

Tesoro Vaquero. :occasion14:

OP
OP
Cuervo

Cuervo

Aug 11, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No need for the Vaquero, I already own a Golden umax, which is avery good machine.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions