🥇 BANNER After 21 years of detecting it FINALLY happened.....1st Gold Coin!!!!

Chuck Norris

Apr 17, 2017
NJ
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus Power!!
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Yup.....that's right.....after 21 years of detecting and digging what seems like a bazillion holes I finally popped my first gold coin!!! I won't bore you all with a long story.....I'll keep it simple....

Chuck Norris kicked the mountain's butt and took its gold....then the mountain came back for more and I took its silver too....the end

This is where I was hunting...
IMAG5383.jpg
1925-D 2 1/2 dollar Indian.....its a little worn and has a few scratches and dings but I don't care
IMAG5381.jpg
The rest of the coins from this area
IMAG5391_1.jpg
Went home and showed my wife and then my buddy called so I met him at an old school yard for a little spin.....didn't really care what I found...but found a few pesky wheats, a Buffalo nickel and a cocaine spoon...old dog tag and ball button are from the earlier woods hunt
IMAG5392_2.jpg
Got a tribe if injuns......the HARD way....just the way Chuck Norris likes it :laughing7:
IMAG5396_1.jpg

Thanks for looking guys & gals.......now get out there and go find you some

Upvote 192

Obsessive

Apr 16, 2017
NW Portland, OR
Detector(s) used
XP Deus/MI-6 w/ HF/XF/LF
Tesoro Cibola / Land and Sea pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
*expletive* epic. Nice find and thanks for sharing the full story. That's one beautiful coin.

OP
OP
Chuck Norris

Chuck Norris

Apr 17, 2017
NJ
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus Power!!
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Looks like you are living the dream Chuck...:notworthy: If that's not banner worthy, I don't know what is. Now that you dug the elusive gold, maybe you can dig a copper 1943 wheat penny. I nominated Banner.

Thanks Loco.....lol.....that would be awesome but I hate wheat pennies but would make an exception for that one :laughing7:

OP
OP
Chuck Norris

Chuck Norris

Apr 17, 2017
NJ
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus Power!!
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
"When Chuck Norris goes metal detecting, the coins jump out of the ground in surrender!" Sorry, I couldn't resist!

Chuck Norris approves this message lol

OP
OP
Chuck Norris

Chuck Norris

Apr 17, 2017
NJ
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus Power!!
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Absolutely beautiful gold coin. And only 21 years?? Man you're really quick.

But seriously what a find. What type of area is that in your picture btw?? Do you know what kind of activity went on there??

Thanks Garrett......I know I took my sweet #@# time finding it lol.....its an old picnic grove

OP
OP
Chuck Norris

Chuck Norris

Apr 17, 2017
NJ
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus Power!!
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
She's a beauty!! I'm sure it took a couple karate chops and a few roundhouse kicks but the mountain gave up the goods! Question-did you actually find it or did it simply surrender!? Lol...great find my friend, banner vote is in! Ddf

HA!! Lol....thanks....I think Chuck Norris may have shed a tear there once and it turned to gold

OP
OP
Chuck Norris

Chuck Norris

Apr 17, 2017
NJ
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus Power!!
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Oh Wow! Oh Wow! Oh Wow! More details please. Was it deep, under a root, on the surface, did it ring up like a shotgun end, is this deep in the woods, history of location, been there a lot or just ran across it during a hike. We live vicariously through a find like this. Totally awesome. Congrats!!

Thanks pa-dirt.....I posted up the long version of the hunt just now

OP
OP
Chuck Norris

Chuck Norris

Apr 17, 2017
NJ
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus Power!!
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Chuck Norris has my Banner vote too for kicking butt for great finds and determination in never giving up!!! That's a real hero in my book! :icon_thumright:

Thanks Piratess...much appreciated!!!

OP
OP
Chuck Norris

Chuck Norris

Apr 17, 2017
NJ
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus Power!!
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Well done, BANNER FIND ALL THE WAY! Although I've seen four gold coins dug, I've yet to dig one myself.....one of these days!

Thanks Cal......I knew there was one in this place....somewhere in the 100s of acres and now I just have to go the other ones :laughing7:

OP
OP
Chuck Norris

Chuck Norris

Apr 17, 2017
NJ
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus Power!!
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
BANNER vote for Chuck! I was out digging that day too and all of a sudden I heard my phone going off like crazy... TING TING TING... got like 5 different people texting me your find! Congrats on an epic dig and one for a lifetime!

Thanks bro.....hope it didn't mess with your hunt too much.......GRH woods in case you were wondering

OP
OP
Chuck Norris

Chuck Norris

Apr 17, 2017
NJ
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus Power!!
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I've been to same mountain, but have bowed my head in defeat for many moons. No gold for this warrior.

Congrats on that nice golden treat!

Thanks Scrappy......much appreciated......that's my 3rd piece of gold from there.....a 14k art deco man's ring, 1700s wedding band from a cellar hole there and now the coin

ecmo

Feb 28, 2016
Missouri
Detector(s) used
macro racer 2, whites mx5, whites mx sport, trx pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow wtg, it doesn't looked nicked or scuffed on the obverse and only side I seen even with enlargement.

I have never found a 2 1/2 dollar gold but have 5 and 10 and have fantised about it. Again huge congratulations!!

Sent from my LG-V495 using Tapatalk

Geobound

Feb 21, 2017
Ontario
Detector(s) used
XP Deus (2019)
Fisher CZ-21 (2019)
CTX 3030 (April 2017)
AT Pro
Garrett Carrot
Pro Pointer
Stavr Scoop Moonstrik 6
Stealth 720i (BNIB)
Home made beach scoop
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gold coin.........BORING........give me a pull tab any day!! (I'm hoping the reverse psychology thing works on the metal detecting gods!). :laughing7:

Awesome find! :thumb_up:

Most of us can only dream of pulling a gold coin.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread