After the clouds, the sun comes out...oh, yeah baby, and a big, honking chain!

scaupus

Apr 20, 2011
Not too far from a beach
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Some photos online alerted me to the fact that I'd hunted the wrong field after a concert back in March. (I hadn't gone to the concert). From the position of some trees and light poles and a bathroom building in the pictures, I got an idea where the concert had really been. No wonder I'd found only trash and a few coins, I'd been in the wrong place.

So, after dropping my son off at school, I ran down to the park this morning and worked over what I presumed to be the area in front of where I imagined the stage had been. I found a couple of bent up sunglass frames, which I took to be a good sign. I got a "large pop-top" read on my Spectrum eagle, a clean 47 @ depth: 0". Well, it had to be a big piece of metal because my pinpointer did not pick it up on the surface. Probably some can slaw I thought. I dug down a bit, and saw what looked like a dog collar, only it seemed too clean and bright and silvery to really be a dog collar.

It is in fact a sterling "dog collar", just over 2 troy ounces. "Mex 925" stamped on the clasp bar. (the coin in the photo is for size reference). (it's not really a dog collar, just I think that's what they call this type of heavy chain.)

silver collar 33.JPG
chain.JPG I'm wearing this baby.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Giant056

Silver Member
Jun 10, 2007
Southwest Michigan
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Made in U.S.A.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've never seen a sterling silver dog chain till now and that one you found there is a doozy, a big congrats on that one :thumbsup:

New Direction

Apr 10, 2012
Cape Cod
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero, Bounty Hunter Quick Draw II
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Man I love silver! I would wear that thing as proudly as you seem to be.

jewelerguy

Gold Member
Jun 28, 2011
Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
that is sweet. looks kinda like a big honking pocket watch chain to me, but whatever it was actually used for it is yours now and it's really cool

pl8man

Silver Member
Mar 18, 2009
San Jose , California
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT PRO with Sunray probe, M6 with a Super 12 coil & a Whites Quantum II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Now that is some big silver !
Glen