After years of detecting, I finally found one.

Silverseeker

Nov 25, 2004
Indian Wells Valley, CA
I'm still shaking from the discovery of a lifetime. Earlier today I unearthed this beauty from an old site I've hunted before. I was so lucky I didn't damage this on the recovery, and the true value will not be destroyed. Please hold off on banner votes, as I have no need for that Just know some day, you too can find such a rare historical item from our ancestors.

nail.jpg

I've been trying to locate the value of this, but it's so rare It may not even be in any books.

Upvote 20
Wow you are on possibly one of the oldest sites around...I wouldn't stop tearing it apart till I found its mates!

A true heirloom to be passed off to your ancestors !

Price is incalculable ,,, George Washington himself may have grasped this beauty in his sweaty palms !
By all means, resist the temptation to ebay it and treasure it for what it is, was, and always will be - A rusted POS !

Thanks for a great post :)

Got a giggle out of this!

giggles are rare you know :)

OMG! Truly phenomenal!
[emoji3]

Sent from my VS810PP using Tapatalk

What detector did you find this with? What was the numbers? Did you make a video?

You Nailed it, now to top off that bucket list you need to find it mate so you will have a complete set.:occasion14:

Its a rare piece called "Nail" ..jj j

Any mint marks?

Oh boy... Here we go again. He must have drank the same kool-aid Tabman drank. You guys are killing me over here :BangHead:.

I'm still shaking from the discovery of a lifetime. Earlier today I unearthed this beauty from an old site I've hunted before. I was so lucky I didn't damage this on the recovery, and the true value will not be destroyed. Please hold off on banner votes, as I have no need for that Just know some day, you too can find such a rare historical item from our ancestors.

View attachment 1434156

I've been trying to locate the value of this, but it's so rare It may not even be in any books.

I also got the thrill of digging one of those rare finds last weekend. I don't think I've dug one in the last 15 years! No really...I'm not showing off...I really dug one...just last weekend! WTG Me! Tt

p.s. I found a listing of that relic in a newly released guide that can be searched under the name "Home Depot". Apparently they used to sell by the pound!

Last edited:
Nice rare relic

You nailed it !! Were you hammered when you found it!!LOL The Banner will come soon for ya!!!!!

Nice find, be careful cleaning it! Hate to bring back all that nice new hardware store shine!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back