Detector(s) used
Whites Classic 3 SL
Fisher F2
Bounty Hunter Platinum
Whites XLT
Nokta Legend
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have owned too many machines and spent a ton of money on all the major makers of detectors.

I have finally narrowed my chooses down to 2 machines, one is high dollar machine and its that's all that and more.

BUT I love my F2, this machine is fun, break it out, set your notches, and swing away. It just loves clad and man can it pin point. It has to be one of the best machines at pinpointing.
For as simple as it is, it gives you a ton of information in how it reacts to a target. It easily competes with a machine 3-4 times it's value.

It's easy to clean an area of clad. It's good down to 7" on a dime in my area, with mild soil, and no EMI in the area. Best part is 95% of your finds will be less than 6"

The batteries last forever and then some.

The machine at first glance makes you think it's a plastic toy that won't hold up, that couldn't be further from the truth. I have thrashed around in farmers fields with tall grass, smacked up against saplings looking for old foundations, hunted old home sites that had been pushed in that was still smoldering from being burned.

Today was the first time I wasn't able to use it. I was in a new area (park) and felt like just swinging and plucking clad out of the ground. There was so much EMI in the area, I was afraid it was doing to hurt my machine. I had to break out my high dollar machine and do an offset just to get it to work.

It's not fooled by pull tabs, just the old beaver tails trick it into thinking there nickels. 28-32 range is a nickel, lower numbers means it's deeper. Zinc pennies are loud at almost any depth and pin point the size of a dinner plate if their on the surface. Copper and silver sounds so smooth and sweet can't miss it.

It's a real killer it trash. You can swing faster than most but as soon as you get activity you just slow down and pick out the coins.

Lot's of bang for the buck. Great machine

HuntNdig

Oct 6, 2011
North Texas
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Im glad to see yet another great response on the F2, i have a few friends interested in MDing and i am going to direct them towards the F2 if they ever decide to get serious! I was originally going to go with this one as well, but when my Dad got the F4 i couldn't let him out do me!! Thanks for the great report and HH!

HuntNdig

Lowbatts

Gold Member
Jul 1, 2003
Elgin
Detector(s) used
Fishers 1235X-8" CZ-20/21-8" F-70-11"DD GC1023
True enough, not very much enthusiasm for the low end of the MD spectrum on most forums.

But it sounds like you're having more fun than some of the very intense and competitive folks I know who must have the top end machines.

Keep having fun, that's where the real treasure is found.

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lowbatts is right, the real treasure is in the finding of the fun. I have many MD's but when I feel the need for fun I usually grab my Fisher 1235. It's pinpointing is non motion and spot on. No meter either.

gleaner1

Silver Member
Feb 1, 2009
Gateway to the 1000 Islands
Detector(s) used
Sometime(s)
Primary Interest:
Other
19Blockhead64 said:
I have owned too many machines and spent a ton of money on all the major makers of detectors.

I have finally narrowed my chooses down to 2 machines, one is high dollar machine and its that's all that and more.

BUT I love my F2, this machine is fun, break it out, set your notches, and swing away. It just loves clad and man can it pin point. It has to be one of the best machines at pinpointing.
For as simple as it is, it gives you a ton of information in how it reacts to a target. It easily competes with a machine 3-4 times it's value.

It's easy to clean an area of clad. It's good down to 7" on a dime in my area, with mild soil, and no EMI in the area. Best part is 95% of your finds will be less than 6"

The machine at first glance makes you think it's a plastic toy that won't hold up, that couldn't be further from the truth. I have thrashed around in farmers fields with tall grass, smacked up against saplings looking for old foundations, hunted old home sites that had been pushed in that was still smoldering from being burned.

Today was the first time I wasn't able to use it. I was in a new area (park) and felt like just swinging and plucking clad out of the ground. There was so much EMI in the area, I was afraid it was doing to hurt my machine. I had to break out my high dollar machine and do an offset just to get it to work.

It's not fooled by pull tabs, just the old beaver tails trick it into thinking there nickels. 28-32 range is a nickel, lower numbers means it's deeper. Zinc pennies are loud at almost any depth and pin point the size of a dinner plate if their on the surface. Copper and silver sounds so smooth and sweet can't miss it.

It's a real killer it trash. You can swing faster than most but as soon as you get activity you just slow down and pick out the coins.

I would hope that with your years of experience with all kinds of machines that you are not saying the F2 is the best machine you have had or used, bang for the buck not withstanding.

OP
OP
Coin Digger

Coin Digger

Jul 13, 2008
Williams County Ohio
Detector(s) used
Whites Classic 3 SL
Fisher F2
Bounty Hunter Platinum
Whites XLT
Nokta Legend
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
gleaner1 said:
19Blockhead64 said:

I would hope that with your years of experience with all kinds of machines that you are not saying the F2 is the best machine you have had or used, bang for the buck not withstanding.

I'm saying it's simple and fun to use.
It has a lots of personality for what little money is spent on it.

What my experience has taught me is the best detector is the one you spend the time learning regardless of make or cost.

In my opinion it's an excellent detector for the money.

gleaner1

Silver Member
Feb 1, 2009
Gateway to the 1000 Islands
Detector(s) used
Sometime(s)
Primary Interest:
Other
F2 is not deep with stock coil...at all. Having said that, I would prefer it over most if not all bottom line machines. It's horribly under rated in the low end market.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread