AGAIN!!

erikk

Jan 6, 2007
Punta Gorda FL
Detector(s) used
EX2',CZ7a pro,Excaliburs 1000 & 2, F-75's ,Garrett Sea Hunter & Infinium LS PI , 1235X
Well today I had errands to run near the beach so I loaded up the excal & hit the water for a little bit. Not much happening-got a SS ring and some clad. As I was hunting along I encountered two young women out in the water. As I got near them one asked if I had found her ring. I asked her what it was and when she lost it, She said it was a class ring and she lost it 2 years ago. I asked her what school and when she told me I asked her name as I had found several from that school but was unable to get any satisfaction from the school when I tried to find out the owners. Anyway when she told me her first name I was pretty sure I had her ring as she was the one the school gave the most grief over. I remembered her last name began with a K and when I asked her if it was her last name U could have knocked her over with a feather and I told her I had her ring. I gave her my name & number, told her to call this evening and we would set a time and place for me to return her ring.
Another happy camper! :icon_thumright:

Upvote 0

dave5339

Jan 3, 2010
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer II, Minelab X-Terra 305, Garrett Pro Pointer
Good job!

Semper Fi

47thelement

Bronze Member
Jan 8, 2009
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excal, ACE 250 for my son
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Score one for the good guys!

Chug And Red

Gold Member
Feb 18, 2010
Vancouver WA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Chug)Whites Classic 5 ID, (Red Whites Coin master Pro)

Chug and Reds New Additions

Give It Up>> Garrett's AT Pro
Buttercup>> Garrett's Ace 250
Show Me the Money>> Garrets Ace 400
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
WTG, let us Know all the info on the return!!!! HH chug also pic are nice!!! I'm forseeing a Honarable mention in your future!!!! I would love to get one!! Chug

bootybay

Gold Member
Aug 9, 2007
NJ
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
EXCAL 2, SOV. GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thats so cool Peter.. congrats to ya

seeker41

Bronze Member
Feb 18, 2007
spacecoast florida
Detector(s) used
fisher cz6a--teknetics g2 --cz20--minelab excal 800--discovery3300--original whites tdi--tesoro sandshark--whites dual field
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
great job.......again!!!!!!

nuggetshooter

May 9, 2004
Sacramento, CA
Detector(s) used
Spectra V3i, Minelab GPX 4000, Gold Bug 2, Troy Shadow X2, Fisher M-Scope FX-3, Fisher 1220X PRO, Fisher CZ-21, Garrett Pro-pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Erikk,

Congrats on your return of the ring! What is it with these schools? About two years ago I found a class ring - it was a nice 14k yellow gold ring with a CZ in it. It has the school name - no year no town. It had a name inside. I called Josten - they keep a log of lost rings by school but they no lost ring reports from the school named on the ring. So, I did an internet search and wrote a letter to every school by that name. Do you think I got one reply out of the 37 letters I wrote? Not a one!!!. So, I sent them a second letter asking them to post the find in their newspaper, I gave details where the ring was found and when, stated I wanted no reward, just to return the ring and said they could put my email in the add and said if the person gave me the description and what name was inside I would return it. Again, not one response!!! So, not easily put off, I called a number of the schools - the response was that they did not have time to put something like that in their newspaper - it was only for scholastically related information. So I asked if I could put an add on their website - the answer was NO, that too was only for scholastic information and school events.

To this day I am still amazed at the lack of response. Really great support for their students!! :nono:

Darryl

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread