Michigan
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero
Whites TDI
Minelab Sovereign GT
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have a lead to a cache of gold in my neck of the woods. It is a historically documented story and reports that (at least) part of it was found.
Based on the story, much more was buried than found and I suspect that if the rest was either not reported found or that it wasn't all buried in one spot and some is still there.

I certainly wouldn't blab a find but if it comes down to having to make an agreement with the landowner to search the property and they talk, I would be implicated as a partner on an agreement.
How have you experienced treasure hunters dealt with such an issue? Is there a way to work out an agreement with the property owner for non-disclosure or am I SOL where that is concerned?

Ripsaw

Mar 7, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Absolutely. If they sign a NDA, they will be bound to it. It has the force of any contract. If they divulge anything, they will be responsible for repercussions, including the taxes levied against you by the criminals known as government bureaucrats and open to a civil lawsuit from you.

You have unlimited power to contract in this country, which is a republic, not a democracy ! It isn't up for voting on. You say what it will or won't be, and if they agree, it's done. No power on earth has the right to change that, or take that from you. Lots of people think they have that kind of power but will only open themselves to litigation when trying to pull that nonsense off by butting in to your business or private contracts.

OP
OP
I

Ism

Jun 17, 2009
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero
Whites TDI
Minelab Sovereign GT
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks Ripsaw, good info about formulating an agreement.

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
I normally shake hands. That usually works because they see the big gun I wear on my hip and know I have already dug the hole. Frank...
111-1 profileblk.jpg

OP
OP
I

Ism

Jun 17, 2009
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero
Whites TDI
Minelab Sovereign GT
XP Deus