Ahhh. Pickers dream smashed...

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You can delete this thread if you want. But my anniversary for 10 years of marriage was this past weekend. I sold off some nicer pieces and wanted to take my wife to this premier restaurant in Naples Florida. I had a couple hundred dollars, maybe like 450 for the night. And I said I would totally spend it on dinner and a movie or whatever. Let's live like were rich for one night!! Money doesn't matter tonight, I'm going to spoil her... lol.. pulled up in front of this restaurant and I kid you not, there was an Austin Martin convertible , Rolls-Royce convertible, Ferrari and Bentley convertible. There were security guards blocking these 4 cars. There were people taking pictures of them. And I instantly felt poor in my Honda Accord. needless to say we drove down the road and went somewhere else. Because I figured my $450 would be probably the tip. And I can do much better with that money next weekend at a yard sale. Must be nice! Here are some examples of what was sitting outside

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1488172415.492438.jpg
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1488172432.093441.jpg
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1488172551.795334.jpg
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1488172577.838104.jpg

Drmad7

Apr 26, 2014
Midwest
Primary Interest:
Other
You did the right thing! With cars like that outside, you KNOW the plates were at least $50 a plate!

Butter Hat

Apr 6, 2014
In ur innerwebz
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's what Yelp was invented for.

There's a plush steak house around here, and we were thinking of going for our anniversary. But according to Yelp, in addition to the steep bill, you got an obnoxious level of noise, attitude, and clueless service. So, nope.

BK, you can find a better restaurant! :)

SWFLA

Feb 12, 2008
Cape Coral FL
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark,
Whites Duel Field pi
Next anniversary take her to Tarpon Lodge on pine island, a little pricey but not outrageous. Best hidden dinning in swfl.

huntsman53

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2013
East Tennessee
Primary Interest:
Other
I would have probably made an anonymous call to the Police and tell them that there are several Wanted Drug Cartel members in the restaurant, sit back at a distance and watch the melee, then when it was all over, take my' wife (if I had one) into the restaurant for a quite and enjoyable meal.;D

Frank

fish1on

Silver Member
Aug 28, 2012
Farr West, utah
Detector(s) used
Fisher F70 with 6.5", 10" Elliptical, & 11" Search Coil. Garret pro pointer AT, Minelab excaliber II (New machine)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I hate to see the "Money" people flaunting their stuff like that. Riches are not measured in green backs they are measured in life experiences for me. Ten years of marriage to your wife is a great accomplishment. My wife and I are coming up on our 26th! We went to Subway on Valentines day and will probably do something similar for our anniversary.

WhiteTornado

Jun 18, 2013
Baltimore/DC area
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Tesoro Cibola, Garrett Pro-pointer, Sampson T-handle Shovel, Lesche hand digger, Garrett and Gray Ghost Ultimate headphones
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No worries. With more money often comes more problems. Better to go where you feel comfortable and at-ease than somewhere where you'll feel like a fish out of water. Congrats on 10 years, BTW :).

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread