aircraft crash site

fc3003

May 23, 2005
The Netherlands
Detector(s) used
DFX
while exploring a nature reserve thats closed to the public , I saw some metal bits on the ground , I soon realised they where remains of a crashed aircraft, ,,,lots of those where shot down here so thats not so strange ,, but still not much can be found these days so ,,this was exciting !!! after going over it with the MD to see how big the site was I went trough some of it and took a lot of photos and some scans of parts with numbers on it ,to use for identification,, well since some had english text on it it has to be english or u.s. made,, also I found a broken of bit of a cylinder head ,,, now I knew it had aircooled radial engines.. ,,well there might be bigger parts deeper down in the ground ,, its hard to tell since all the small alluminium bits close to the surface block the pentration of the detector.. I would like to bring a bigger shovel there and have a good dig,, but that would be quite illegal since its in a closed of nature reserve !!! ,,not that I much care about that but I do not whish to get in trublle ,, well I will sure get back at it ,,and dig some more ,,
since I now the germans who ocupied the place here during the war only removed the big parts that where on the surface and left the rest alone,, there might be an engine down there ,,(or bombs even :( ..)..
well here is a pic of one thing I found with text on it,,

Attachments

• scan0006.jpg
    scan0006.jpg
    12.2 KB · Views: 704
Upvote 0

viper771

Jul 17, 2006
Germany
WOW that is cool! Thats what I am going to start hunting for next, aircraft pieces. I know there is a crashed ME 109 and a B 17 about 15 minutes from where I live. All the big stuff was carted away, but I am sure there are some pieces left. Watch out for the bombs for sure!

Salvager

Sep 4, 2006
Queensland, Australia
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sov. Elite / Explorer II
Lucky buggers. Definataly don't have that in Australia!!! Goodluck with the search and please keep us updated.

Jesse

OP
OP
fc3003

fc3003

May 23, 2005
The Netherlands
Detector(s) used
DFX
here is some more photos of what I found .

1st one of those serial plates ,,

2nd a part of the cylinder head , looks just like a big radial B-17 and such used,,

3e ,,that realy is a piece of human bone...not very nice to find that , also makes me not to sure about digging there any further,, ,,how ever I am quite sure you will not find any more than just small bit of bone , they must have missed those when cleaning up the site back than,,but again,, I am more used to hunting for old coins ect.not realy this sort of thing,, but I am much interested to know what ,,and even more which airplane it was ,

Attachments

• R W Y B G starboard overload fuel gauge.jpg
    R W Y B G starboard overload fuel gauge.jpg
    26.6 KB · Views: 410
  • crash site 023.jpg
    crash site 023.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 400
  • crash site 013.jpg
    crash site 013.jpg
    53.9 KB · Views: 399

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread