Airforce Military Challenge coin + A really Toasted wheat! :)

Detectingfreak

Gold Member
Apr 26, 2006
Bellevue, WA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE, Tesoro TigerShark
Hey guys! Today was a great day with JuJu! I finally got done with most of my hw for this week, so I could go metal detecting! :) This put a big smile on my face since I havn't been in over 2 weeks. The first week I came down with a cold and the second week, I had so much homework, it was comming out of my ears!!! :o

I got to JuJu's house at 8:00am and we decided to hit a park, which we've had lots of success with! Fast forward an hour or so later. I got a signal that rang up like a big fat quarter and out popped an Airforce military challenge coin!!!! :) I was so happy! At the time I did not know what I had until JuJu told me that they only give them out to people in the military! :thumbsup:

I am definatly going to put the Airforce Military challenge coin in its own special coin case! :) After that Park, we headed into town to go to a local shop where JuJu said they had some Coca Cola Bottles for sale. I bought two of them that were both from Washington State. Once we were done with that we headed to the next field! :) This one did not produce much, but in the beginning of the hunt I got a pocket spill which included a 1974 half dollar, a quarter, and a regular penny! :) JuJu ended up with nothing good from that field.

We then hit two more fields and had no luck at either of them. The next field we hit was amazing! I got a 1947 wheatie from the field that looked like it had been through a fire! JuJu's find was really amazing! ;D I will let him tell his story of his find, so I don't spoil it for you guys! :)

Well, I had a great day with JuJu and I hope everyone got out to hunt on this beautifull saturday! :)

Here are the pictures! :)

february28thshunt002.jpg

february28thshunt003.jpg

february28thshunt001.jpg

Upvote 0

halfdime

Silver Member
Oct 31, 2006
Zelienople
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
I'll have to alert jethro1982 about this post; he was an Air Force C-17 pilot when he retired, and still works at McChord.

jethro1982

Aug 22, 2008
The 446th is a squadron at McChord that is part of the Air Force Reserve. Maintainers rarely lose their coins, they must have been careless. :( Great find.

Ray in CA

Oct 11, 2007
Quincy, CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari with SEF 8x6; coming soon: FORS Gold+
That is one sweet daddy of a coin, DF! Nice find!

Ray

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread