Suwanee, Georgia
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030, Fisher F75+

godisnum1

Silver Member
May 7, 2005
Saint Petersburg, FL
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend Pro Pack, Nokta Legend WHP w/ LG24 coil, Nokta Pulse Dive Pinpointer, White's IDX Pro (x2), Vibraprobe 570
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I heard about this a couple of weeks ago. My mom works for Homeland & TSA, and I asked her about it... she just replied, "I don't know, I haven't checked my government e-mail lately." lol But as far as the batteries go, you can have them if they're IN your electronics. I believe they also said that it's alright to have them in the original battery package. All because a flight had caught on fire, and batteries "weren't ruled out" in the causes of the fire. Doubt this banning of battery thing has anything to do with it.

Bran <><

EDDE

Gold Member
Dec 7, 2004
Detector(s) used
Troy X5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
batteries are hard to come by

godisnum1

Silver Member
May 7, 2005
Saint Petersburg, FL
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend Pro Pack, Nokta Legend WHP w/ LG24 coil, Nokta Pulse Dive Pinpointer, White's IDX Pro (x2), Vibraprobe 570
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
EDDE said:
batteries are hard to come by

Not really, but my rechargeable batteries I use aren't the most inexpensive thing to have to buy when I fly somewhere. I need 4 just for my DSLR, plus I always keep an extra 4 as backup's.

Bran <><

jonnyrebel00

Nov 9, 2006
Mobile, Al
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI 2500, Garrett Master Hunter
I think they are going to ban clothing on airlines next. That way there is no possibility of anyone carrying anything.

wreckdiver1715

Bronze Member
May 20, 2004
Satellite Beach
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal 1000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Some Lithium batteries are rated as safe to fly on commercial aircraft. You can go to the batteries manufacture web page and download the MSDS (material safety data sheet). This will tell you if your batteries are safe to fly with. There have been instances where lithium batteries have exploded and or caught fire, not a good thing at 35 thousand feet.

Tom

godisnum1

Silver Member
May 7, 2005
Saint Petersburg, FL
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just as an update, my mom let me know before I left that there is no current ban on batteries by TSA. It is an issue that is being looked into, but has not been put into affect as of right now. I just flew back up here to school on Friday and had no problems whatsoever bringing my Rayovac rechargeable batteries or the charger itself which I had them in. I actually had ALOT of electronics (basically my whole desk station) all crammed into my backpack and didn't have any issues... though they did stop it a couple of times on my backpack to look closer. But then again, I was the last person on my flight to come through the gates. lol

Bran <><

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions