OP
OP
Garrett350@NC

Garrett350@NC

Apr 18, 2023
WIlson, North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett 350
I don't think it is a scam. At first I was questioning it myself. Did a great deal of research on it. Lasers can do amazing things these days including surgery on humans where there is no argument. I will say that before I do make a purchase I would like to find someone that actually owns one and I will take it from there. those things can be expensive must be a reason. If Lidar works where there is also no argument These devices work under the same principles. Hence The reason for my post to begin with. Unless someone buys one of these things we can only assume its a scam because we know nothing about it

bc5391

Sep 23, 2016
Southern Arizona
Detector(s) used
Minelab ,XP
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't think it is a scam. At first I was questioning it myself. Did a great deal of research on it. Lasers can do amazing things these days including surgery on humans where there is no argument. I will say that before I do make a purchase I would like to find someone that actually owns one and I will take it from there. those things can be expensive must be a reason. If Lidar works where there is also no argument These devices work under the same principles. Hence The reason for my post to begin with. Unless someone buys one of these things we can only assume its a scam because we know nothing about it
First, watch the beginning of the video, the device in on bearings, and the guy is waving his arm back and forth.
Second, I do not remember the name of it anymore, it has been at least 40+ years. But I bought one of those long range detectors (yes I was scammed), after trying to use it for at least a year, I opened it up, there was nothing inside but a few resistors and transistors, that formed no kind of circuit. Wires went ever witch way, looked like it was put together by a 6 year old.
Do yourself a favor learn how to dowse , you will find more.
Yes lasers amazing things, I even have one that engraves burned images on wood and love it., wish I could afford a drone with Lidar, but how do you think either would work in this thing. A laser is like a pinpointer, buy a cat toy with the laser light, do you think it will pinpoint a target, Lidar will image the difference in the ground, requires height, with this you are standing on the surface.
Once again Scam.

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had a dealer friend who had a series of long range metal detectors. They were over $1,000 each. We tried them out. They failed miserably. And for $177 for this one, you are buying a box with a battery terminal in it. I double dog dare you to find a dealer who has one who will let you try it. You can't get a good truck tire for $177. Do the math. You may consider me a skeptic.

OP
OP
Garrett350@NC

Garrett350@NC

Apr 18, 2023
WIlson, North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett 350
I had a dealer friend who had a series of long range metal detectors. They were over $1,000 each. We tried them out. They failed miserably. And for $177 for this one, you are buying a box with a battery terminal in it. I double dog dare you to find a dealer who has one who will let you try it. You can't get a good truck tire for $177. Do the math. You may consider me a skeptic.
I am a sceptic myself, Being a skeptic is a good thing helps keep us from doing stupid things.

Bucket Lister

Dec 20, 2023
Detector(s) used
XP Dēus II
XP MI-6
XP WSA II-XL
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I just looked at AKS' website. It says their detectors are Made in USA, and start at $2,000.

They also have a couple of pages warning consumers of counterfeits & frauds of their products. The "Fake MAXGEEK AliExpress Seller" is mentioned specifically.

Scam.

I don't think it is a scam.
IDK about the validity of the tech, but AKS themselves are saying the video is a SCAM.
$177 for a $2000+ detector Caveat emptor.

Site says they have 3 dealers in North America. Closest to you is Brooklyn. I'd start there for references.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread