Alabama cadet corps - AMAZING and mysterious score

ChelleDotCom

Tenderfoot
May 3, 2014
Tuscaloosa, AL
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Fisher F2; Formerly: Bounty Hunter Tracker IV and Technetics Alpha 2000
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Greetings all!

I live in Tuscaloosa,Al and my husband and I got permission to detect a piece of property north of the city which has a very old school house still standing on it. Not much turned up in the school yard, but, In addition to the old school, we found ruins of an old house on the same piece of property.

What we have unearthed here is nothing short of AMAZING! The Alabama Cadet Corps from the University had very specifically designed buttons. According to local historians they are very rare buttons, and only a few people have found them and usually only one at a time.

On this property, after returning only a handful of times, between myself, my hubby and a friend of ours, we have recovered 17 uniform buttons with the 1850s era scovill back mark. Something major must have happened on this property. And I know there are more...we aren't done yet! ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1434231014.293686.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1434231044.370609.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1434231087.188468.jpg

alabama11

Nov 23, 2015
north Alabama
Detector(s) used
Garrett Frontiersman, Tesoro Ciboli , Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Pin Pointer 2, Minelab Equinox 800, Panky.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Entirely Cool finds. Great work.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread