Alabama Gold Camp

greenerlumber

Mar 4, 2013
Mexico, MO
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Hi All,

I'm in Mobile, AL on business and it looks like I may have a spare day on my trip back to
Missouri this week and I'm thinking about spending a day at Alabama Gold Camp. Never been there
and I'm packing my diy fluid bed sluice with me.

Anybody out there have any tips about prospecting there? From what I saw online it looks like
there is a lot of high banking and dredging going on. I hope there is enough flow there to run
my FB sluice.

Any tips are greatly appreciated. Only gonna have a day there so time is limited but would like to
bring home something with some size to it compared to the flour I'm finding in MO.

RP

Upvote 0

63bkpkr

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XLT, GMT, 6000D Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello green lumber,
Quite a title you've chosen for yourself, I like it! I've no idea about the location you will go to so I would suggest getting away from the general crowd and looking for the common places that capture gold: the down river side of obstructions to the flow of the water and the side of the river where stuff tends to bunch up, I believe that is the inside bend. Welcome to Tnet and best of success on your business trip adventure...............63bkpkr

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread