Alabama gold where are you

howells320

Mar 27, 2013
I've been out in the field several times over the last year and a half but still have not turned any colors in my pans. Done mounds of research going through old as well as new documents trying to pen point a location that will wield the smallest results. Most of my adventures have been to Midwest Talladega National Forest along Talladega creek. I'm self taught really had no one with pier experience showing me the right and wrong ways to pan. Wondering if there where any tips anyone could offer me or a location that is know to have some result's.

Upvote 0

Fullpan

Bronze Member
May 6, 2012
nevada
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to tnet, 320 - I know there are at least a couple guys doing quite well in Alabama, so don't give up hope - the standard advice applies, get with
the locals as they'll save you time and mistakes prospecting. I went to a gold show and read a book, from that point I went "lone wolf". It cost me unecessary
money and three years to catch up. Good Luck!

OP
OP
howells320

howells320

Mar 27, 2013
Thank you fullpan. One of my problems is I have moved away from Talladega to Trussville, so between the baby boy and wife time is very limited to be out in the field and even less hunting down locals in the area. Been trying to find so where closer to the house by searching through old documents but with no luck.

Fullpan

Bronze Member
May 6, 2012
nevada
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As I am way over in Nevada, not much help as to locations, but I heard there is a large mining company in N.E.? Alabama staking out ground for mining.
That should be a clue to where to prospect.

OP
OP
howells320

howells320

Mar 27, 2013
Thanks for the tip I will look into it and see what I can come up with

strickman

Bronze Member
Jan 27, 2008
Villa Rica georgia
Detector(s) used
gold bug pro,garret,whites,tesoro,bounty-hunter,,.....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
that's cause takoda got it all.........................

Tom Bigbee

Feb 17, 2009
Miss/ Ala
Detector(s) used
1266X
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I've been wanting to go to the Alabama Gold Camp near the Georgia line ... Have you ever been there?... Do you know anyone who has?

Fullpan

Bronze Member
May 6, 2012
nevada
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
320 - click on Takoda's name, then select "posts/replies" and click. Browsing thru his posts, you will see some stuff.:icon_thumleft:

cmattdvc

Greenie
Mar 29, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've been wanting to go to the Alabama Gold Camp near the Georgia line ... Have you ever been there?... Do you know anyone who has?

Warning--VERY NEW GUY here. :hello:

Me and my son have gone to the Alabama Gold Camp twice and we have found gold both times. If we can find it, I assure you any one can, lol
The people in the store have been very helpful.

My plan is to learn what I'm doing at a place where I KNOW there is gold, and then strike out on our own.

Fullpan

Bronze Member
May 6, 2012
nevada
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome - cmatt, we're waiting to see any pics you might have of you and your son on adventure! Its a great hobby for a family.

OP
OP
howells320

howells320

Mar 27, 2013
I've been thinking of going and paying Alabama gold camp a visit but I just don't have the time to make that long trip.

cmattdvc

Greenie
Mar 29, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Fullpan-
We are going out next week, I'll be sure to grab some!

Howells-
Let me know if you decide to go, maybe we will meet you down there one day.

OP
OP
howells320

howells320

Mar 27, 2013
My wife and I just had a baby boy so no long trips for me right now but I will definitely let you knew when I get a opportunity to. Keep us posted on how your adventure goes.

BettyJ

Mar 30, 2013
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Hello everyone - I am new here, but am interested in finding out more about gold prospecting in NE AL area. I have some family property there (there is an old gold mine on the property) and want to do some investigating, so I am looking for advice on equipment, etc. And a buddy (or two or five) to explore with my next trip back to the states :)

OP
OP
howells320

howells320

Mar 27, 2013
If you know what name that the mine was under you might be able to pull up some documents on it to get a better idea how much they were pulling out of there. Are there any mounds of dirt or abnormal land formations? That could be a sine of tailings, left over dirt from mining operations that could still hold trace amounts of gold.

cmattdvc

Greenie
Mar 29, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello everyone - I am new here, but am interested in finding out more about gold prospecting in NE AL area. I have some family property there (there is an old gold mine on the property) and want to do some investigating, so I am looking for advice on equipment, etc. And a buddy (or two or five) to explore with my next trip back to the states :)

Betty,

I live in NE Alabama, if you want, PM me and I'd be willing to head over to your land and take a look around for you.

tommy1226

Feb 2, 2015
hatisburg,ms
Detector(s) used
gold bug se
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
howells320 I go to the Alabama gold camp 4 or 5 times a year im headed up there with my wife and 2 sons in the morning. we find a lot of very fine stuff there. if you want to get together one weekend let me know. I take my jobe 2" dredge highbanker combo a sluce box and now iv added 2 gold bugs se to try up there. I work offshore so its hard to go as much as I want plus its around a 5 hour trip for me. ill be glad to give you a few pointers and show you how some of the equipment work.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread