Alabama Gold

Bigwill

Dec 21, 2011
Washington Co. Al
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Took my 3 boys to the Alabama Gold Camp. Rented a dredge and found some color. We had a blast. 1st time ever prospecting. They ready to go again. Next weekend we will be looking for a creek to pan and sluice a little closer to home.The boys are 19(in college),18 and 16. I think this will be a good hobby for us to spend time together before they are grown and gone.

Attachments

• My 1st Gold.jpg
    My 1st Gold.jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 217
Upvote 0

forhorsmn

Feb 7, 2012
Gainesville, TX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice color Big. The best part about it is the memories made with the kids. I've got 2 daughters, 21 and 20, so I know how difficult it is to find something that we all enjoy doing together :)

OP
OP
Bigwill

Bigwill

Dec 21, 2011
Washington Co. Al
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Thanks forhorsmn. I also have a daughter, she is 14 next week. She spent spring break at the beach with some family friends. She will go fishing and hunting with me and I think she will go prospecting with us next time. She didnt think we would find any gold and was surprised when I showed her what we got. My wife does not care for the outdoors but this is some time I can spend with the kids making memories.

Stand Watie

Mar 24, 2012
Greenwood SC
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Bigwill,
I think any children that like to hunt and fish will naturally take to prospecting. I know my grandsons do. Prospecting is sort of like hunting and fishing morphed into one activity. They or out in the woods and creeks looking for that big exciting moment when they catch some gold...a trophy if you will. Something to show off and brag about a little. But mainly they are out enjoying nature. I think that is part of what draws all of us to the hobby. We can enjoy it no matter our age.

Last edited:

TAKODA

Aug 19, 2008
Alabama
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Took my 3 boys to the Alabama Gold Camp. Rented a dredge and found some color. We had a blast. 1st time ever prospecting. They ready to go again. Next weekend we will be looking for a creek to pan and sluice a little closer to home.The boys are 19(in college),18 and 16. I think this will be a good hobby for us to spend time together before they are grown and gone.

You gotta crew there Bigwill . Nice shine as well .

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread