Detector(s) used
AT GOLD
Nokta Gold King
Teknetics AlphA 2000
Garrett Pointer Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
ALERT: Garrett Pro-pointer Scam
Short story: Brought a pro-pointer directly from Garrett about a year ago. Lost it. Shopped around because I did not want to pay $125.00+ for a new one. Bought a Garret pro-pointer from Aliexpress a middle man for Fashion street with contact Carol Li. Got the pointer in the mail yesterday. It's junk does not vibrate or have proximity change. This morning she tells me it is Chinese made. Her current web site says Chinese made but the trademark, made in USA is on the casing. The serial # on mine was #492222739. I already sent the point to Garrett to fix or replace. I called them this morning to tell them what happened they are already aware of the problem and have their watchdogs and lawyers on it but the blackmarket online keeps spring up new sites.

I will attempt to post the bogus product page here. Do NOT buy Garretts from CHINA!
Click image for larger version. Name: UT8.WebXc8XXXagOFbXB.jpg Views: 0
Size: 101.6 KB ID: 950717

Last edited by 73dguard; Today at 10:20 AM. Reason: more pics

BerntOut

Jan 12, 2010
South West USA
Detector(s) used
Deus, BlissTool V3, CTX, Vallon VCM1, ......forgot the others!
Wow at 52.78 for a new 125.00 Garret pin pointer. Should have rang bells and whistles like crazy! You get what you pay for!

bayhawk2

Jan 14, 2014
Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 400-Bounty Hunter
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
(It's junk does not vibrate or have proximity change.)

Yep-Been there,done that.Bought mine from tstrickland out of Georgia.I had no idea there were fakes out there and like you I shopped around for a good price.It was junk just like yours.The difference is he advertised it as genuine and that he was a genuine
Garrett dealer.He also has been on Garretts hit list.I paid through PayPal and got all my money back through their dispute process.
The problem with yours however,is the seller advertised that it was made in China.I still think you have a good case because
theses things are fake knock-offs.Illegal to make,thus they should be illegal to sell.So now you need to get the fake one back from Garrett.How did you pay?

bobby5

Jun 19, 2012
TEXAS
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600, AT Pro, Garrett Propointer, Garrett Carrot, Several Older Garrett Detectors and a Bounty Hunter.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know for sure this has been Talked about before on Treasurenet.

bayhawk2

Jan 14, 2014
Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 400-Bounty Hunter
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
I know for sure this has been Talked about before on Treasurenet.

Yep-That's another thing that can be done.Just call up Fake Garrett pro pointer.Plenty of threads that cover all of this.

mariposagold

Bronze Member
May 1, 2012
Mariposa, California. USA
Detector(s) used
MXT Pro, Classic SL, Bullseye II Probe, Garrett Groundhog.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
For me, it's much too small of a marketplace to do anything but stick with name brand from reputable dealers. At $117 Low Retail, it's not worth buying from anyone other than a local vendor or a well known National Company. The advertised price new for you pinpointer was an obvious red flag.

Where is the Bloated Government on this? A Chinese knock off website should be shut down immediately by the FTC.

IMHO, this thread should be moved elsewhere, it's ticking me off. LOL.

Metal Detecting Stuff

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Mar 19, 2012
Spring TX
Detector(s) used
CTX3030/F75LTD/ Garrett AtPro/ XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If the website is based overseas, it's difficult to prosecute. China doesn't have any laws against knocking off USA products. So if the seller is out of the country, you have a good chance of getting burned. It's really a shame that some people get roped into these unscrupulous sellers, but everyone wants to save some $$.

There are counterfeit Garrett, Fisher, Teknetics and Minelab detectors coming in to. Please be careful where you buy your products.

Wayne

www.metaldetectingstuff.com

doninbrewster

Bronze Member
Jun 15, 2013
New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks for giving us the heads up. It is truly a shame our gutless wonders in Washington (both parties) don't do anything about it. It's almost as bad as the do not call law that the FTC does nothing to enforce.

coinshooter

Bronze Member
Mar 20, 2003
So. Cal.
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well isn't it ALL made in China?
Chinese are great at copying things and could care less about our copywriter laws. Who is going to arrest them? DON'T BUY CHINESE JUNK!

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
By the time your done buying junk and fixing it or buying another, you probably could have bought the real deal, and saved yourself a heck of a large headache! I got one real sweet deal from Bart, and I'm happy as a rabbit in a carrot patch!

Wonder if China's behind the bit coin theft lol!

pkb

Feb 10, 2013
Dallas
Detector(s) used
Two Garrett AT PRO's, two Garrett pro pointers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
LOL LOL
From the web site

that is just little different with the original.if you detected the metal the device will be signal,if leave the metal will be stop.so that is normal for Chinese pro-pointer

OP
OP

73dguard

Mar 2, 2013
South Paris, ME
Detector(s) used
AT GOLD
Nokta Gold King
Teknetics AlphA 2000
Garrett Pointer Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
:BangHead:

Lesson learned. So like..... anyone wanna buy my pro-pointer? nonono just makin' light of this.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread