Algonquins, Cord Marked Pottery & Continental Drift

Tdog

Silver Member
May 30, 2019
East Central Alabama
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Link is for this section of Tnet--North American Indian Artifacts. Not what you want I don't think...

OP
OP
uniface

uniface

Silver Member
Jun 4, 2009
Central Pennsylvania
Primary Interest:
Other
I keep thinking that discoveries that shed light on the people who made the artifacts will (or should) be interesting to the people the artifacts fascinate. Like the movement and distribution of peoples in prehistory (land route, coastal route with Clovis and early stemmed points made by different migrations, &c.), DNA stuff bearing on where they may have come from and so on.

And if you read that attentively, it very definitely relates to how the Algonquin people might have come to be so widely distributed, and even be surprising as to who some of them are.

Then again, maybe the few (?) of us interested in that sort of background information shouldn't bother the rest of us who only want to look at arrowheads ? Do they mind that much ?

More questions than answers, I guess.

smallfoot

Bronze Member
May 29, 2019
Flawda
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Uniface, the link you provided brings us back to this forums' threads on North American Indian Artifacts. Was that your intention or did you just want to see who would get on the merry go round?

unclemac

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2011
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
...there is a lot of wishful thinking in that one... i can connect Homo Erectus with Columbia River Chinook based on hand axe artifact styles....

Charl

Silver Member
Jan 19, 2012
Rhode Island
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
The author states Algonquin speaking people moved into the area made empty by the disappearance of the inland sea, which covered the heartland, and last existed roughly 65 million years ago. That inland sea is the reason there are extensive chalk deposits in Kansas, with associated fantastically preserved marine reptile fossils from the end of the Age of Dinosaurs. If he is saying Algonquins moved into that area 65 million years ago, well, he’s saying a lot.

Fat

Bronze Member
Oct 22, 2020
Nebraska panhandle/NE Colorado
Detector(s) used
I took the battery out because I like my bacon crispy
Primary Interest:
Other
It is interesting. I find corded pottery shards.
My favorite Algonquin was Dorthy Parker, she said(paraphrasing)
“If you laid all the freshman coeds at CU Boulder, head to toe, I would not be surprised”

OP
OP
uniface

uniface

Silver Member
Jun 4, 2009
Central Pennsylvania
Primary Interest:
Other
The author states Algonquin speaking people moved into the area made empty by the disappearance of the inland sea, which covered the heartland, and last existed roughly 65 million years ago. That inland sea is the reason there are extensive chalk deposits in Kansas, with associated fantastically preserved marine reptile fossils from the end of the Age of Dinosaurs. If he is saying Algonquins moved into that area 65 million years ago, well, he’s saying a lot.

Your point hinges on the discrepancy between conventional dating and human events in time. That site (Malaga Boy) abounds with data showing that the conventional dating scheme in geology is as false as conventional historical chronology is.

In that article is this illustration,

elsbachtal-roman-aqueduct_v3.jpg

with this caption :

This Roman water works is not buried under colluvium, but under, ahem, Miocene stratigraphy.

One of innumerable examples chronicled there of such discrepancies. Which people just ignore for some reason.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread