ALKI BEACH

danny boy

Tenderfoot
Apr 29, 2007
Alki gets hunted alot, Ive heard of the old park out there that used to be over the water on a pier or something, and at a low low tide it can be good to hunt, ive never tried though. I live in Everett and also have wondered if Jetty Island would be good. Alot of people go out there in the summer months.

Oldhouse1890

Apr 14, 2009
I would think that down where the old ferris wheel and amusement park was on Alki would be great. Again, likely well detected, but you never know.

Detectingfreak

Gold Member
Apr 26, 2006
Bellevue, WA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE, Tesoro TigerShark
Alki Beach is really fun to hunt at! I love beach hunting because even though you get clad. The sand squishes in-between your feet! :) Don't plan on finding any rings or old coins though. lol

washingtonian

Gold Member
Sep 26, 2005
Puget Sound
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, Whites DFX
I tried Jetty Island once, it was pretty solid I didn't spend long out there but I found a few bucks, some toy cars, and a switchblade. If you spent the time to really work it, I bet you could pull some keepers.

tomharris76

Jan 11, 2009
Lake Stevens, WA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE
I've never been to Jetty Island but I have done a lot of detecting at Howarth Park in Everett. It's a very long beach and a good spot when the tide is out. I've pulled an old "good for" token, some rings and a ton of clad out of there.

Lasivian

May 23, 2003
Spokane, Washington
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
You guys go a lot farther around here than I do, heh.

I think I've pulled out the detector maybe a dozen times since I moved here and just hit the local parks around greenwood.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions