All My Boy Scout & Girl Scout Items Found

Cool Hand Fluke

Bronze Member
Nov 28, 2006
In the Heart of Wine Country in Northern Californi
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ6, CZ5, Coinstrike, Fisher CZ20, Fisher 1235X, Tesoro Conquistador, Whites Surfmaster P.I. ,
, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
After 30 years worth of metal detecting you start to accumulate a large collection of miscellaneous "stuff". I have here on this post all the finds relating to the Boy/Cub Scouts and the Girls Scouts. I would appreciate any info on some these finds, I'm not sure on why some of the same items have different designs. Please help identify if you can.

Attachments

• Gold ring on Gopher Mound 001.JPG
    Gold ring on Gopher Mound 001.JPG
    71.5 KB · Views: 146
  • Gold ring on Gopher Mound 002.JPG
    Gold ring on Gopher Mound 002.JPG
    72.3 KB · Views: 151
  • Gold ring on Gopher Mound 003.JPG
    Gold ring on Gopher Mound 003.JPG
    98.2 KB · Views: 135
  • Gold ring on Gopher Mound 004.JPG
    Gold ring on Gopher Mound 004.JPG
    91.7 KB · Views: 153
  • Gold ring on Gopher Mound 005.JPG
    Gold ring on Gopher Mound 005.JPG
    86.6 KB · Views: 156
  • Gold ring on Gopher Mound 006.JPG
    Gold ring on Gopher Mound 006.JPG
    85.3 KB · Views: 141
  • Gold ring on Gopher Mound 007.JPG
    Gold ring on Gopher Mound 007.JPG
    84.6 KB · Views: 155
  • Gold ring on Gopher Mound 008.JPG
    Gold ring on Gopher Mound 008.JPG
    87.3 KB · Views: 145
  • Gold ring on Gopher Mound 009.JPG
    Gold ring on Gopher Mound 009.JPG
    84.4 KB · Views: 153
  • Gold ring on Gopher Mound 010.JPG
    Gold ring on Gopher Mound 010.JPG
    91 KB · Views: 143
  • Gold ring on Gopher Mound 011.JPG
    Gold ring on Gopher Mound 011.JPG
    64.1 KB · Views: 147
  • Gold ring on Gopher Mound 012.JPG
    Gold ring on Gopher Mound 012.JPG
    60.3 KB · Views: 156
  • Gold ring on Gopher Mound 014.JPG
    Gold ring on Gopher Mound 014.JPG
    72.2 KB · Views: 146
Upvote 3

TERRY-NAMVET

Tenderfoot
Mar 24, 2012
Miamisburg Ohio
Detector(s) used
White's Eagle ll SL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm not an expert and could be wrong, but I think the ones with the Diamond shapes are Cub Scouts

Trezurehunter

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Illinois / Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 - Fisher CZ 5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The diamond shaped pins are Cub Scouts. There were different levels, such as Bobcat, Bear & Wolf etc. The big neckerchief slide with Lady Liberty on it is from the 1930's 40's. That's a nice older one. The neckerchief slides with Wolves on them are Cub scout's. The slides that are square, are Webelo's. The all silver colored ones are Boy Scouts. The 2 round medals with cars on them are awards given to scouts for the Pinewood Derby race. This was a race where each scout was given a block of wood & had to carve or shape a car. They were then sent down a high track with a pitch to it like a sledding hill, to race to the bottom. Awards were given. This event was usually the highlight of the year for the scouts. The rings are various levels of scouting. Cub Scouts, Webelos, Boy Scouts. Hope this info helps.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Cool Hand Fluke

Cool Hand Fluke

Bronze Member
Nov 28, 2006
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ6, CZ5, Coinstrike, Fisher CZ20, Fisher 1235X, Tesoro Conquistador, Whites Surfmaster P.I. ,
, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The diamond shaped pins are Cub Scouts. There were different levels, such as Bobcat, Bear & Wolf etc. The big neckerchief slide with Lady Liberty on it is from the 1930's 40's. That's a nice older one. The neckerchief slides with Wolves on them are Cub scout's. The slides that are square, are Webelo's. The all silver colored ones are Boy Scouts. The 2 round medals with cars on them are awards given to scouts for the Pinewood Derby race. This was a race where each scout was given a block of wood & had to carve or shape a car. They were then sent down a high track with a pitch to it like a sledding hill, to race to the bottom. Awards were given. This event was usually the highlight of the year for the scouts. The rings are various levels of scouting. Cub Scouts, Webelos, Boy Scouts. Hope this info helps.

Thanks for the info! The neckerchief with the Statue of Liberty has always puzzled me, I had no idea it was that old! I was never a boy scout or a cub scout so these items were always of interest.
When a kid first joins the cub scouts are they a Webelo first? This was some good information you gave, now I know what this stuff is! Thanks!

Trezurehunter

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Illinois / Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 - Fisher CZ 5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When they first join, they start in Cub Scouts working their way through the Bobcat, Bear, & Wolf ranks. This is usually in the early grade school years. Then if they continue on they go into Webelo's. This is usually later grade school years. Then it is on to Boy Scouts in the Junior High years & on into High School if they hope to make Eagle Scout which is the highest rank in Scouting. Glad the info helped you out. OTE=Cool Hand Fluke;4795623]Thanks for the info! The neckerchief with the Statue of Liberty has always puzzled me, I had no idea it was that old! I was never a boy scout or a cub scout so these items were always of interest.
When a kid first joins the cub scouts are they a Webelo first? This was some good information you gave, now I know what this stuff is! Thanks![/QUOTE]

Billinoregon

May 3, 2012
Sweetwater, TX
Detector(s) used
Tesoro DeLeon
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That's a lot of Scouting-related goodies you have there. I can only imagine what else you have found!

OP
OP
Cool Hand Fluke

Cool Hand Fluke

Bronze Member
Nov 28, 2006
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That's a lot of Scouting-related goodies you have there. I can only imagine what else you have found!

It has been an amazing ride since starting this madness in 1985. Between the stuff I found in England, the USA, and Ireland I might need a truck to haul it off!

pat-tekker-cat

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2011
S. Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Garrett, Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I can only help with the Brownie/Girl Scout pins..... That's a real nice collection!

The open pixie looking pin is a Traditional Brownie Membership pin
GIRL SCOUT BROWNIE MEMBERSHIP PIN

The Gold looking one, with GS, is a Junior Girls Scout Traditional Membership pin, can also be an adult pin.
OFFICIAL PINS AND INSIGNIA

Home

The blue pin with the two fingers is a Brownie Promise Pin.
Vintage 1955 Enamel BROWNIE Promise Pin - Pins

The Brownie hanging from the Fluer de Lis, I can't be sure about. May have been a troop leader pin. That's about all I got on the Brownie/Girl Scouts.

We didn't let the cubs in, we knew they would eat us Brownies! :tongue3: GO CAMP O"KITAY"AKANI ! :laughing7:
get it.....KITAY.....kitty.....ok......

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread