Southwest Idaho
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX3030
Minelab E-trac
Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'm on a trip working an Indian War era site. There's one part of the site that's loaded with trash....tin cans, iron scraps, square nails, etc, but if you go slow it sometimes gives up the goods. Yesterday I dug this mangled piece which I first thought was scrap, but it turned out to be an Anson Mills designed US buckle. Mills patented his design in 1881 and it was used through the Spanish American War. The site I'm on was active until the late 1880s. This is about as good as it gets for a western US relic hunter.
20240515_073842.jpg

Upvote 24

GDub62

Feb 2, 2022
Georgia
I'm on a trip working an Indian War era site. There's one part of the site that's loaded with trash....tin cans, iron scraps, square nails, etc, but if you go slow it sometimes gives up the goods. Yesterday I dug this mangled piece which I first thought was scrap, but it turned out to be an Anson Mills designed US buckle. Mills patented his design in 1881 and it was used through the Spanish American War. The site I'm on was active until the late 1880s. This is about as good as it gets for a western US relic hunter. View attachment 2149136
That's awesome! Persistence paid off

OP
OP
Mason Jarr

Mason Jarr

Nov 23, 2012
Southwest Idaho
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX3030
Minelab E-trac
Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Awesome piece!! I'm sure that's a great place to go back to. I found a similar sportsman's one with a dog on it.
I'm still at the site through today. I have to go home tomorrow. I'll show a post of all the relics when I get them sorted. Thanks!

Digger RJ

Gold Member
Aug 24, 2017
SW Missouri/Oklahoma
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030; Minelab Equinox 800;
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm on a trip working an Indian War era site. There's one part of the site that's loaded with trash....tin cans, iron scraps, square nails, etc, but if you go slow it sometimes gives up the goods. Yesterday I dug this mangled piece which I first thought was scrap, but it turned out to be an Anson Mills designed US buckle. Mills patented his design in 1881 and it was used through the Spanish American War. The site I'm on was active until the late 1880s. This is about as good as it gets for a western US relic hunter. View attachment 2149136
Very Cool!!! Congrats!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread