ALL MY GOLD COINS SO FAR................................

T

TreasureTales

Very impressive collection. Do you know the gold content of each coin? 90%, 60% or 22k, 18k, for example.

OP
OP
D

dugupfinds

TreasureTales said:
Very impressive collection. Do you know the gold content of each coin? 90%, 60% or 22k, 18k, for example.

No not really, other than the earliest is 22K +, & the rest I'm not really bothered but its high.

T

TreasureTales

dugfinds said:
TreasureTales said:

No not really, other than the earliest is 22K +, & the rest I'm not really bother but it high.
22k is mighty nice. So the bullion value alone would make that one a very precious coin indeed, not to mention the numismatic value. Great!!! Congratulations, and I can tell you put a great deal of time, effort, and research into your metal detecting. That's what it takes to be successful. Nice work.

Mainedigger

Bronze Member
Sep 15, 2006
Maine
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's M6 & Prizm III
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm with Jopher....my total gold coin finds= zip, nada, none etc...:)

Congrats on some awesome finds, you;ve put the time and effort into it and am glad to see you well rewarded...keep at it and hopefully more will be coming your way, and hopefully ONE will be coming my way soon...:) And with that one I will then be 1/35th of the way to catching Ole Grubstakes current totals, but somehow don;t think he is worried about my competition...:) Any gold coin collection is awesome, but yours and Ole Grubstakes rate up there as jaw dropping awesome...CONGRATS to both of you...:):)

Elvis

Bronze Member
Jan 8, 2007
Lafayette, Georgia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro and Nokta Simplex+
Garrett Pro-Pointer AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Outstanding, wish I could find one, or 1/2. Congrats.

OP
OP
D

dugupfinds

TreasureTales said:
dugfinds said:
TreasureTales said:

No not really, other than the earliest is 22K +, & the rest I'm not really bother but it high.
22k is mighty nice. So the bullion value alone would make that one a very precious coin indeed, not to mention the numismatic value. Great!!! Congratulations, and I can tell you put a great deal of time, effort, and research into your metal detecting. That's what it takes to be successful. Nice work.

I'm lucky to live in a history rich area & I need not do any research. The only difficulty is at the start when you have no permission, so the reseaerch is finding who owns the land. I detect everywhere I have permission, and cover acres of land until I have done the whole field. Depending on how well I do, I decide to cover it again & again after every plough.

The research I do is afterwards on the stuff I find or if I find a 'hunny hole' & want to know why. On one piece of land I am sure I have found a undiscovered Roman Watch Tower.

M

Markinsprings

Excellent finds!!!! Congrats.............Goosebumps just looking at them.

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore , Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dug,
Fantastic job. Would you want to trade one of your gold coins for mine? I can send you some gold Chucky Cheese tokens, or some from our local bowling alley arcade. Just a thought. Let me know if we have a deal. :) Congrats.
-MM-

Jack(IN)

Bronze Member
Jan 20, 2007
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer XS-2, Garrett Ace 250
I've got one...

not as old but still nice. Not sure I'll ever find 4 1/2 more to catch up, but going to try!! Nice find, no GREAT finds!

dr-quest

Feb 25, 2007
Nova Scotia Canada
Detector(s) used
Garret AT Gold, Whites XLT,Tesoro Stingray ll,Whites Surfmaster ll
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
1351 HOLLY CRAP.I have one that came in a ring and I wont forget that day but wow
nice collection,.......bobs your uncle
HH

King-John

Jan 14, 2007
Grass Valley, Ca.
Detector(s) used
E-Trac/X1 Probe, Whites 6000 XL pro, Ace 250,
Thats been a dream of mine for many, many years now, I would be happy just to find Half of a gold coin, If you think about how many metaldetectorist there are out there and how many actual find a GOLD COIN, what might be the chances? and if you were able to find more than two you would have to be one of the elite.

OP
OP
D

dugupfinds

King-John said:
Thats been a dream of mine for many, many years now, I would be happy just to find Half of a gold coin, If you think about how many metaldetectorist there are out there and how many actual find a GOLD COIN, what might be the chances? and if you were able to find more than two you would have to be one of the elite.

Thanks, I work hard and do fields others wouldn't touch and some they have touched alot but have left stuff behind. The most recent field I posted with the 2 Roman coins etc.. has been done by many people for 25 years & I still get what they missed.

Born2Dtect

Bronze Member
Jun 11, 2004
Hurlock, Maryland
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dugfinds,

Goes to show you never find it all. Great finds there, you are above average for gold coin finds. I would like to hunt in the UK one day. My goal is to find only 1 gold coin. If I took a picture of all my gold coins to date it would look like " John Wayne in a snow storm", all white as there are no coins in the picture. Well, wish me luck anyway. Good luck to you.

Ed D.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread