All silver 90%

Fropa

Feb 27, 2007
SW Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT
I've had 8 skunk boxes in a row, but I got a nice surprise when I opened this box.

20JUN08_Box.jpg

It was looking like the Walker might be the only silver but then my wife and I each found a 1964-D near the end of the box. No 40% in the box. We also found a 1974-D DDO and a 2005-P. I think this is the first box I've had that all the silver was 90%.

20JUN08_Total.jpg

Upvote 0

Bjorn_MD

Nov 19, 2003
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT
Fropa,

Way to go! That walker and 90's will get you out of skunkland in no time. Congrats! Keep it coming.

jersey devl

Mar 2, 2008
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Tesoro: Cortes,Tiger Shark,& Vaquero
I see you also got one from FREAKIN BLACK DOT GUY too!@!!!!!!!!lol

STDevil

Jun 12, 2008
I see you have a Brinks box there. My last load consisted of 6 Brinks Boxes, and a lot of them looked like yours. I wonder if a hoard somehow made it into their hoppers recently!

Good find!

Silver_Fox

Bronze Member
May 16, 2007
Good 'Ol USA /
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250 of course
STDevil said:
I see you have a Brinks box there. My last load consisted of 6 Brinks Boxes, and a lot of them looked like yours. I wonder if a hoard somehow made it into their hoppers recently!

Good find!
It might not be Brinks box. Mine look just like that but are from a different company.

OP
OP
F

Fropa

Feb 27, 2007
SW Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT
Thanks everybody.

Finding a walker will always brighten up your day.

This box had a bunch of different marks: black dots, different colored lines, one had hydrant man and one had Boston written on them, and I always get a bunch that have the date they were searched by someone else written on them.

I'm not sure if these are Brinks or not. They are brown with dark brown print but no markings or dates on them.

TxTim

Silver Member
Jan 14, 2007
Texas
Detector(s) used
DFX & SE
Silver_Fox said:
STDevil said:

Good find!
It might not be Brinks box. Mine look just like that but are from a different company.

Yep-
Brinks rolls will say Brinks on their wrapper.

Treasure-Slut

Jun 23, 2008
I might be missing something here, but what is so good about a 2005P half dollar? Not silver according to my redbook and I have a few myself which show the copper on the rim. They don't seem to be rare for me to find either...relatively low mintage but many more years that are lower...seems like not really worth even saving. I think it may be worth 5 dollars in MS-63, 50 years from now. Or maybe five-hundred dollars counting inflation =P

coinmojo

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2008
Michigan
Treasure-Slut said:
I might be missing something here, but what is so good about a 2005P half dollar? Not silver according to my redbook and I have a few myself which show the copper on the rim. They don't seem to be rare for me to find either...relatively low mintage but many more years that are lower...seems like not really worth even saving. I think it may be worth 5 dollars in MS-63, 50 years from now. Or maybe five-hundred dollars counting inflation =P

Yes you are right. They are simply (NIFC) Not Intended For Circulation. Low mintage means rarity......50-100 years from now. They were purchased at a premium. And somehow made it into circulation just like proofs do.

Mojo

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread