All the nickles

jonhls

Nov 10, 2006
Went back to fairgrounds where they scraped an area for new building.MOst of it was covered with sand before i got there friday.I hit all the open scraped area friday and saterday had my best 2 days ever.Friday got 2 barber quarters 1 barber dime 5 mercs and 2 rosies.yesterday i finished the cleared area and started shoveling sand,figured they wouldnt mind if i helped them level off there piles lol.Was wrong about that.Anyhow yesterday got 3 barber dimes 5 mercs 3 indian heads and my first and second shield nickles.A buddy went with me today and we took grain shovels to move more sand,about an hour into the moving a pickup pulls up......2 fair board members,end of the digging.WE leveled off what we had done then went back to searching open areas.....i got a 62 jefferson.a 43 war nickle,3 buffloes,a36 and 2 datless,and 2 more v nickles,1907 and 1904.also another barber dime a 1897.Wish i could have hunted all of it before the sand went down.Its depressing how many coins will be under concrete next week.ohhh well still had 3 great days.Sorry no pics,ill see if i can at least scan the silver later.hh jon

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread