youcancallmesir

Greenie
May 25, 2012
the Berkshires
Detector(s) used
1992 Fisher/ 4 brl. carb and positraction
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
in the comparisons of detectors are just that, real world factors to be dealt with. It seems some people would prefer to use them as disclaimers for detector tests. There is always someone who will say Chevy vs. Ford etc. and they all get you there. So here's the plan. Just as street racers have always done, put up your pink slips. It doesn't matter what the ground conditions are or if you have a headache or your underwear is twisted! Within 1 to 2 years, we can check to see who still owns their detector and what else they have won along the way. We'll see what brand and model the survivors have and declare a winner. :goldtrophy: Let the games begin:boxing:

chatmangreer

Mar 4, 2012
Greer, SC
Detector(s) used
Garrett Groundhog, AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
AT Gold Start date: Mar 16, 2012. Had my Garrett Ground Hog since 1987, passed it on to my brother when AT Gold came. I'm ready.

U.K. Brian

Bronze Member
Oct 11, 2005
Detector(s) used
XLT, Whites D.F., Treasure Baron, Deepstar, Goldquest, Beachscan, T.D.I., Sovereign, 2x Nautilus, various Arado's, Ixcus Diver, Altek Quadtone, T2, Beach Hunter I.D, GS 5 pulse, Searchman 2 ,V3i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Trouble is it does matter what the ground (or beach) conditions are. When I lived on one coast the best non pulse beach detector was a CZ. I moved and the honours went to Minelab. Same with land machines. I had the "best" detectors then moved 200 miles and the best had become distinctly secondbest.

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Brian you are right. Some hunters never learn how a detector works and why it behaves the way it does at different settings. I am amazed some get pissed off if the meter says Dime and it is something else.:coffee2:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread