All was good in New Orleans so I went to see if I could find some things. Glad I did!

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
Abita Springs La....Born in New Orleans
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I went to my old stomping grounds and every time I think there’s nothing left at the Fort she pulls me back in. I found a piece that was off of a cigarbox image-2020-10-10-20:06:08-855.jpg
Then I went to an area that I’ve never gone to before and I got three wheats and a nickel And I can’t get a date off of any one of them I think one of the weeds I saw two so it might be 1920s image-2020-10-10-20:07:52-303.jpg
I will go back to that area again and see if there’s any silver but I have been on the hunt of deep iron t looked Like the other five chunks of iron but this had a little curvature to it a little roundness in the middle I’m glad I kept digging it was a foot and a half down. And that wasn’t my first hole I went that deep on for a piece a leverite. I got it out and hit it on my shovel saw that beautiful black iron that you live for when you’re going that deep. I went through the soil then I all the bits of iron pulltabs then comes the red brick that they had put down in the 20s you got to break through that to the white shells and oyster shells and then keep digging. The odds are slim of it being anything going by the fifth time you’re doing this. While you’re doing this you’re asking yourself am I nuts is this what ive come down to your mind will break before your body, but yes I found another grape shot!!! It’s the best chasing rust to? Then one day Ayo dog finds a bone no other feeling like it when you pull something out of a hole that’s almost to your shoulder. I have learned that archaeologists who went through this whole Fort didn’t find everything IMG_0633.jpg
IMG_0634.jpg
I’m prepping her now to heat her up make sure there’s no condensation inside and then hit it with that beautiful black and put it right where my other ones are I was blessed today. image-2020-10-10-20:28:46-301.jpg

Upvote 19

Wildcat1750

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2012
Western CT
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT PRO/Ace 250w8.5x11" DD Coil/
Garrett Pro-Pointer/Garrett Pro-Pointer AT/
Vibra-Tector 730/
Radio Shack Discovery 1000 (Tracker IV)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You did well by returning to that spot! :thumbsup:

OP
OP
Truth

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
Abita Springs La....Born in New Orleans
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You did well by returning to that spot! :thumbsup:

I go to that spot more than you know I just don’t do today’s fines when I don’t find anything it takes me hours to get there in an hour to get home but it’s also the only thing that gives me that that high when I find that old stuff early 1800 I’m just an addict. Well she’s all cooked up and ready to go image-2020-10-10-21:37:06-791.jpg

Last edited:

smallfoot

Bronze Member
May 29, 2019
Flawda
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Another good reason to dig the iron! Good find Truth!

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice job on the keepers, congrats! :occasion14:

lairmo

Silver Member
Jan 1, 2009
SW MO
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro/ Fisher M-Scope 1280-X
Nice/Hard hunting grounds buddy....

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread