All we are saying is give "PEACE" a chance

CW3(ret) US Army

Jun 30, 2011
Downstate New York
Detector(s) used
White Spectra V3i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:3coins:While doing a dump last week, when the machine was opened to change bags. In the tray on the top of the machine sat a nice coin. A 1924 "Peace" silver dollar. Of course I rescued it from the bank & gave it a good home. Not a key date but still a nice coin to find. Pictures are attached. Enjoy.
HH
Gary

Attachments

• 100_0264.JPG
    100_0264.JPG
    803.8 KB · Views: 211
  • 100_0265.JPG
    100_0265.JPG
    919.1 KB · Views: 194
Last edited:
Upvote 0

Diggin-N-Dumps

Gold Member
Sep 9, 2009
Fort Worth,Texas
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / AT PRO / Etrac w/ NEL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Who needs a key date when its a big hunk of Silver like that!. That's awesome man!

Avago

Jun 26, 2014
The 2nd State
Primary Interest:
Other
Just sitting there for the taking... amazing someone would leave something like this behind.

OP
OP
C

CW3(ret) US Army

Jun 30, 2011
Downstate New York
Detector(s) used
White Spectra V3i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just sitting there for the taking... amazing someone would leave something like this behind.

:laughing9: Actually it's a little more complicated. The machine is set in a cabinet with only a hole on the top of the cabinet where the hopper to feed the coins into the machine is placed. The machine this bank uses feeds the coin thru the hopper onto a spinning wheel where the coins go thru a sensor. The large silver dollars can't go thru the sensor so they just keep on spinning around & around. They have to open the machine & take the coin out. When the teller did that, they just put the coin in the tray on top of the machine inside the cabinet. You only have access to the machine when they open the cabinet & pull out the machine to change the bag when a bag fills out. I had filled the bag & was able to get the coin when they pulled out the machine to change the bag. I was also able to get a 90% 64 Ken halve, a silver Washington quarter & a 1941 Merc dime along with the Peace dollar. They were all in the tray just sitting there along with some other coins.
HH
Gary

Last edited:

TheMastermind

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2012
Pennsy
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:laughing9: Actually it's a little more complicated. The machine is set in a cabinet with only a hole on the top of the cabinet where the hopper to feed the coins into the machine is placed. The machine this bank uses feeds the coin thru the hopper onto a spinning wheel where the coins go thru a sensor. The large silver dollars can't go thru the sensor so they just keep on spinning around & around. They have to open the machine & take the coin out. When the teller did that, they just put the coin in the tray on top of the machine inside the cabinet. You only have access to the machine when they open the cabinet & pull out the machine to change the bag when a bag fills out. I had filled the bag & was able to get the coin when they pulled out the machine to change the bag. I was also able to get a 90% 64 Ken halve, a silver Washington quarter & a 1941 Merc dime along with the Peace dollar. They were all in the tray just sitting there along with some other coins.
HH
Gary

Typical TD Bank setup. I ALWAYS pull out the metal hopper and just fish out whatever is clanging around in there myself. Screw waiting for a teller or anyone else.

Now, if anything is sitting on top of the machine in the tray (and therefore in the cabinet) I can't get to it myself. But, then again, I wouldn't know about it sitting there either.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread